Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: DIY mini flash extender.....

  1. #1
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default DIY mini flash extender.....

    for SB400.... ....


  2. #2
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    some test shots.....one of left is without the flash extender...photos not pp yet just crop/ resized...shot at iso 200, f/18, 1/200....was 2-3 m away from the subject...flash in ttl mode...

    Last edited by scandisk; 5th July 2007 at 06:52 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    May I ask? Where did you get the rectangular lens?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    May I ask? Where did you get the rectangular lens?

    Thanks
    got it from Art Friend...its abt $2.20....fresnel kind but flexible...
    Last edited by scandisk; 5th July 2007 at 06:58 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    got it from Art Friend...its abt $2.20....fresnel kind but flexible...
    for sharing!
    It's those that people stick at their rear van/bus window right?

  6. #6

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Good idea from you!

  7. #7
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    for sharing!
    It's those that people stick at their rear van/bus window right?
    Yes guess thats the one....Art Friend also sells bigger size ones...if someone can find suitable material for the side support panels maybe can DIY for the bigger flash..

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Good idea from you!
    Thanks Squid !

  8. #8
    Senior Member blueskye168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    AVPS
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    for SB400....

    Hi bro scandisk

    Great idea you've got
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Eastern Part
    Posts
    306

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    for sharing!
    It's those that people stick at their rear van/bus window right?
    No. those are the opposite. They are actually 'wide angle' fresnel lenses so you can see a wider view. What you want is the converging 'zoom' ones which you can get at any bookshop. Its usually used for reading maps and books as they can be packed flat.

  10. #10
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Hi bro scandisk

    Great idea you've got
    Thanks bluesky168 ....

  11. #11

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    nice work.
    how was the distance from the flash to the fresnel lens determined?
    tks

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    some test shots.....one of left is without the flash extender...photos not pp yet just crop/ resized...shot at iso 200, f/18, 1/200....was 2-3 m away from the subject...flash in ttl mode...


  12. #12
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    didnt do any calculations....I just tried different lengths between the fresnel lens and the flash till i get satisfactory results...trial and error kind of thing. One things for sure, the further the fresnel lens from the flash the stronger will be the output
    Last edited by scandisk; 9th July 2007 at 11:46 AM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: DIY mini flash extender.....

    oic tks...

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    didnt do any calculations....I just tried different lengths between the fresnel lens and the flash till i get satisfactory results...trial and error kind of thing. One things for sure, the further the fresnel lens from the flash the stronger will be the output

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •