Thread: Wanna champainge Sir

Default Wanna champainge Sir

Using canon400D coSINA LENS

Taking during a holiday, the dirty background is from the window, not the lens..Seems a bottle of champainge can calm a mind on holidays.

Critiques & COmments Welcomed..

Is the Focusing RIght?
    Last edited by smoke23; 6th July 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Default Re: Wanna champainge Sir

In wat area u wan us to critique?
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

Can't help notice the dirty windows coz for a moment I thought my LCD was dirty or damaged Revealing more of the bottle's color (green?) might be interesting.
    "...not taking what one doesn't desire is the hardest thing in the world" - Albert Camus

I would have poured the chammy into the glasses to catch the bubbles too! What good is champagne if it isnt opened and drank. ;oP

The light catching the champagne in the glasses with bubbles rising may be interesting.

hmm i tot suppose to comment on the pic, but not an opinion of a shot

no, what they mean is just a suggestion to make the picture look nicer.
    at 1st look i saw it was like an add =) very nice
    yes the focusing is right.

It looks like it was under expose, you can get everything right but if the picture lack impact due to the arrangement of the subject then it will cause the picture to be just an average picture.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

oh ok thNKS..I tot using under expose to make the pic look more calm

Isn't the bottle supposed to be in a bucket of ice, or has the ice already melted?

the ice melted...hehhehe thats why too late for a shot

Might want to try this shot again with (1) fill light (2) better background that brings out the champagne "goldness" of the contents in the bottle... and a little condensation would help too to make the bottle more appealing. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    Might want to try this shot again with (1) fill light (2) better background that brings out the champagne "goldness" of the contents in the bottle... and a little condensation would help too to make the bottle more appealing. Just my two cents.
    or just attend studio photography class....my guess is that they teach you more about those sort of things :P

Quote Originally Posted by blowblue View Post
    or just attend studio photography class....my guess is that they teach you more about those sort of things :P
    Actually, picking up a couple of books from the local library about studio lighting might be suffice. There are no short cuts to shooting creatively. These lighting techniques are basically well covered in books out there.