Thread: Sandisk Extreme FireWire Reader

Question Sandisk Extreme FireWire Reader

I'm looking to purchase this reader... I ASSUME that it will read any brand of CF card and that it is not proprietary to Sandisk CF Cards. Can anyone confirm?

Currently priced at USD$65 on Amazon - any tips for buying in Singapore?

Default Re: Sandisk Extreme FireWire Reader

Eyes roll since when were there propriatery only card readers ? SanDisk claims it hit 40X only with their top of range CF cards.

It works fine for any brands.. U need not buy it from overseas it's here you just have to look for it since it is not widely carried. The Lexar could be better since it is designed to be stackable and should have a 2nd fire wire 800 port. The SanDisk has only one.

Thanks - i didn't think it was propietary but appreciate the confirmation.

(Parallel note: the recovery software for the Extreme III is proprietary, right?)

I've not yet found a store in Sg that has this item. Hit Sim Lim yesterday; will try Funan today.

Quote Originally Posted by ballwackers View Post
    Thanks - i didn't think it was propietary but appreciate the confirmation.

(Parallel note: the recovery software for the Extreme III is proprietary, right?)

I've not yet found a store in Sg that has this item. Hit Sim Lim yesterday; will try Funan today.
    u can visit www.vector-magnetics.com, sole distributor of SanDisk products in Singapore and South East Asia... inside has all the authorised resellers of SanDisk Products...

Regarding firewire reader, it includes 2 firewire cables (1394a and 1394b) and RescuePro data recovery software... N life time warranty...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by ballwackers View Post

Did you check at AP Sim Lim ? I saw some there.

Quote Originally Posted by ellery View Post
    Eyes roll since when were there propriatery only card readers ? SanDisk claims it hit 40X only with their top of range CF cards.

It works fine for any brands.. U need not buy it from overseas it's here you just have to look for it since it is not widely carried. The Lexar could be better since it is designed to be stackable and should have a 2nd fire wire 800 port. The SanDisk has only one.
    its 266x with their extreme IV.... 40x, thats even slower than my kingston elite pro...

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Did you check at AP Sim Lim ? I saw some there.
    Many places are selling this. OT, I cannot seem to find the Lexa equivalent though.