Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formula 1 - McLaren caught in Ferrari spy row!!

Default Re: Formula 1 - McLaren caught in Ferrari spy row!!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    As much I wish to see Ferrari on top, I still hope that Mclaren will not be penalised, especially with the brillant Hamilton. I want to see Ferrari beat Mclaren and Hamilton without any outside help, even if Mclaren is found to have benefited from the espionage. Maybe just a heavy fine will do.

yeah, Ferrari has to beat McLaren FAIR and SQUARE. Only then we Ferrari supporters will be satisfied.

Cheers.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    if McLaren is really guilty in this, then the fair treatment would be to strip them off their points earned so far (drivers and constructor). and allow them to continue with the remaining part of the season. i think this penalty would be just as devastating to the team. banning them for the rest of the season would not do good to the sport.

hmmm... no wonder McLaren performed so well this season.
    I still think its a bit harsh. Just give them eg a 10-20 points penalty and allow them to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    As much I wish to see Ferrari on top, I still hope that Mclaren will not be penalised, especially with the brillant Hamilton. I want to see Ferrari beat Mclaren and Hamilton without any outside help, even if Mclaren is found to have benefited from the espionage. Maybe just a heavy fine will do.
    For the good of McLaren, I think a points penalty will benefit them because if they win the constructors' title without any penalty, then it will be tinted. Like a hollow win. No glory.

I read that they may face expulsion. Team expulsion means kenna kick out, means entire team cannot race, means Hamilton and Alonso are screwed big time if it happen.
    Last edited by afbug; 14th July 2007 at 12:20 AM.

Hamilton threatened over spy row

Lewis Hamilton's bid to win the Formula One championship could be under threat after his McLaren team were charged with breaking the sport's rules.
    McLaren will appear in front of the FIA on 26 July amid claims that their chief designer illegally received information from rivals Ferrari.

The sanctions open to the FIA range from fines to disqualification.

McLaren have expressed their "extreme disappointment" at being charged and deny all the allegations.

BBC Radio Five Live F1 summariser Maurice Hamilton said: "If the FIA are going to deduct points from McLaren then the driver will automatically lose his as well I'm afraid.

"It is down to Mike Coughlan. It boils down to whether he says to the FIA: 'This was my idea, I was looking for employment elsewhere and I was going to use this detail for the company I was going to go to and not McLaren'."

Off topic a bit:
    United States loses F1 Grand Prix

Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has ended speculation by revealing there will not be a 2008 US Grand Prix.
    He is keen to stage races in other areas, especially Asia, and said no other US venue was in line to replace Indianapolis, its home since 2000.

"We didn't reach an agreement. Let's see if we miss America," he said.

Previously, Ecclestone had described America as "not vital" for F1 and said "there are bigger markets for us to be in other parts of the world."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12