Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIX - All Hail - LOBANG KING!

Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIX - All Hail - LOBANG KING!

the blind golfers story (an ironic example of lack of empathy, and different people's perspectives)

A clergyman, a doctor and a business consultant were playing golf together one day and were waiting for a particularly slow group ahead. The business consultant exclaimed, "What's with these people? We've been waiting over half and hour! It's a complete disgrace." The doctor agreed, "They're hopeless, I've never seen such a rabble on a golf course." The clergyman spotted the approaching greenkeeper and asked him what was going on, "What's happening with that group ahead of us? They're surely too slow and useless to be playing, aren't they?" The greenkeeper replied, "Oh, yes, that's a group of blind fire-fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime." The three golfers fell silent for a moment. The clergyman said, "Oh dear, that's so sad. I shall say some special prayers for them tonight." The doctor added, rather meekly, "That's a good thought. I'll get in touch with an ophthalmic surgeon friend of mine to see if there's anything that can be done for them." After pondering the situation for a few seconds, the business consultant turned to the greenkeeper and asked, "Why can't they play at night?"
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

In life u question... what is right and wrong

What is the acceptable norm.

Define 'acceptable'.
    Define 'norm'

What level of acceptance does it make something officially acceptable
    What level of acceptance does it make something socially acceptable as a norm?

Can norms be changed?

You cant make everyone happy. Every small action you do everyone has his own view. You can critique every single detail in a work of art. Every little speck of texture, every little shadow, every little brushs stroke. But, it's how everything comes together that ulitmately matters how 'good' an artwork is. Then, define 'good'. Same as life. Define a 'good' life. Why not try to define 'life'. Every single foot step, every laugh, every small action, how you adjust your hair to your clothes, how you speak, what your eyes seem to portray. Everyone can have their own little views. But, all might just be a facade. Dependant on issues like mood, personality, childhood, culture, and others. Do you trust what you see? What do you see? How do you know what you see is a true reflection of the object or of the person? The many questions in life. Who can answer them all? Who can be the judge of it all? Opinions... Each has his own. You don't defend your views people say you're too soft or in denial. You defend your views people say you're over defensive.

the bedtime story (communications, men and women, communications methods, relationships)

A man and his wife had been arguing all night, and as bedtime approached neither was speaking to the other. It was not unusual for the pair to continue this war of silence for two or three days, however, on this occasion the man was concerned; he needed to be awake at 4:30am the next morning to catch an important flight, and being a very heavy sleeper he normally relied on his wife to wake him. Cleverly, so he thought, while his wife was in the bathroom, he wrote on a piece of paper: 'Please wake me at 4:30am - I have an important flight to catch'. He put the note on his wife's pillow, then turned over and went to sleep.

The man awoke the next morning and looked at the clock. It was 8:00am. Enraged that he'd missed his flight, he was about to go in search of his errant wife to give her a piece of his mind, when he spotted a hand-written note on his bedside cabinet.

The note said: 'It's 4:30am - get up.'
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    In life u question... what is right and wrong

What is the acceptable norm.

Define 'acceptable'.
    Define 'norm'

What level of acceptance does it make something officially acceptable
    What level of acceptance does it make something socially acceptable as a norm?

Can norms be changed?

You cant make everyone happy. Every small action you do everyone has his own view. You can critique every single detail in a work of art. Every little speck of texture, every little shadow, every little brushs stroke. But, it's how everything comes together that ulitmately matters how 'good' an artwork is. Then, define 'good'. Same as life. Define a 'good' life. Why not try to define 'life'. Every single foot step, every laugh, every small action, how you adjust your hair to your clothes, how you speak, what your eyes seem to portray. Everyone can have their own little views. But, all might just be a facade. Dependant on issues like mood, personality, childhood, culture, and others. Do you trust what you see? What do you see? How do you know what you see is a true reflection of the object or of the person? The many questions in life. Who can answer them all? Who can be the judge of it all? Opinions... Each has his own. You don't defend your views people say you're too soft or in denial. You defend your views people say you're over defensive.
    wow .... how come tonight we all become so fee-loh-soh-fee ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

wah lau, DF you got so many of these stories sia... lolx

time to go KO le.. tmr up at 5.30 again... hiaz...

the piano story (mentoring, coaching, understanding the other person's development needs)

A mother wished to encourage her small girl's interest in the piano and so took her a local concert featuring an excellent pianist. In the entrance foyer the mother met an old friend and the two stopped to talk. The little girl was keen to see inside the hall and so wandered off, unnoticed by her mother. The girl's mother became concerned when she entered the hall and could see no sign of her daughter. Staff were notified and an announcement was made asking the audience to look out for the little lost girl. With the concert due to start, the little girl had still not been found. In preparation for the pianist's entrance, the curtains drew aside, to reveal the little girl sitting at the great piano, focused in concentration, quietly picking out the notes of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'.

The audience's amusement turned to curiosity when the pianist entered the stage, walked up to the little girl, and said "Keep playing."

The pianist sat down beside her, listened for a few seconds, and whispered some more words of encouragement. He then began quietly to play a bass accompaniment, and then a few bars later reached around the little girl to add more accompaniment. At the end of the impromptu performance the audience applauded loudly as the pianist took the little girl back to her seat to be reunited with her mother. The experience was inspirational for everyone, not least the small girl.

It takes just a few moments to make somebody's day, to help someone with their own personal aims and dreams - especially someone who looks up to you for encouragement and support.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

the fish baking story (to challenge belief systems and assumptions, and illustrate pointless routine and the need for questioning)

A little girl was watching her mother prepare a fish for dinner. Her mother cut the head and tail off the fish and then placed it into a baking pan. The little girl asked her mother why she cut the head and tail off the fish. Her mother thought for a while and then said, "I've always done it that way - that's how babicka (Czech for grandma) did it."

Not satisfied with the answer, the little girl went to visit her grandma to find out why she cut the head and tail off the fish before baking it.

Grandma thought for a while and replied, "I don't know. My mother always did it that way."

So the little girl and the grandma went to visit great grandma to find ask if she knew the answer.

Great grandma thought for a while and said, “Because my baking pan was too small to fit in the whole fish”.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

bed time stories ah?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForce View Post
    wow .... how come tonight we all become so fee-loh-soh-fee ?
    Well, you can say I'm a deep person.

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    bed time stories ah?
    Once there was a little red uncle Errz whose grandma live in the deep wood.

One day little red uncle Errz was on the way to visit her grandma. Suddenly in the the wood, he met a ....... and then ...... thus ...... so ...... got no choice but to ........
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Well, you can say I'm a deep person.
    wow .... deep deep one har
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~ View Post
    wah lau, DF you got so many of these stories sia... lolx

time to go KO le.. tmr up at 5.30 again... hiaz...
    u said u going sleep , how come your avatar status still got green light ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

wow .... deep deep one har
    Limits. Define limits. Then define the views of limits. If you can define everything, I call you a very philosophical philosopher. There are things in the world that cannot be defined. Cannot be explained. From relationships, love, the mysteries of the universe, existance of spirits, and even something as mundane as how people react, and people's opinions and judgements.

Limits. Define limits. Then define the views of limits. If you can define everything, I call you a very philosophical philosopher. There are things in the world that cannot be defined. Cannot be explained. From relationships, love, the mysteries of the universe, existance of spirits, and even something as mundane as how people react, and people's opinions and judgements.
    Yo, nothing in this World can be measure.

A 1 cm line draw by you can never be the same 1 cm line draw by me. We assume there are the same cos our measurement system is very limited and is design / meant for our very own eyes only

Human being design set of Systems and tools to help ourselves to survive in this World. As time passes, our knowledge advance and keep on improving our ways of seeing things (but might not be fully correct due to our limited knowledge)

As compare to the mysteries of universe etc .... , our knowledge are still at the iceberg level (or might not even the tip of it yet)
    Last edited by DarkForce; 9th July 2007 at 12:12 AM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Yo, nothing in this World can be measure.

A 1 cm line draw by you can never be the same 1 cm line draw by me. We assume there are the same cos our measurement system is very limited and is design / meant for our very own eyes only
    Yup... there's no such thing as a correct measurement. Cm, inch, feet, chi, metre, mile, kilometer, light year...

People say end of the world is 2000, by Gregorian and Julian calendars, 2012 by Mayan calendar. These points mark the end of cycles. But why these 2 calendars? Why them? Why not others? Because they are famous or widely used?

Why do we at times use famous photographers, painters, architects as benchmarks of excellence? Same with life. Why do we take others' opinions as standard?

Yup... there's no such thing as a correct measurement. Cm, inch, feet, chi, metre, mile, kilometer, light year...

People say end of the world is 2000, by Gregorian and Julian calendars, 2012 by Mayan calendar. These points mark the end of cycles. But why these 2 calendars? Why them? Why not others? Because they are famous or widely used?

Why do we at times use famous photographers, painters, architects as benchmarks of excellence? Same with life. Why do we take others' opinions as standard?
    Because we need some form of Systems that we can understand and manage in order to survive.

Remember when the first person who claims that Earth is round , many others called him mad and laughed at him. At that moment , everyone said the Earth is Square. But see now, it is proven that the "mad" guy was right.

Remember when Saint Joan the only female keep a short hair and go for Wars ? Many people wanted to burn her to death and call her witch. But now ? So many girls cut short hair and join army.

Human thought and prospective will change as time pass. Human so call "standard" is not really "standard" outside Human World.

No point that we are talking about what is true , real , correct ..... because Human has not yet reach to the level in order for us to be capable to make any comments.

For me , I only know Human's knowledge till today is just only the very beginning and I just know that live is short and live happy loh
    Last edited by DarkForce; 9th July 2007 at 12:26 AM.
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Anyway, I also not pass my "O" level so who am i to talk about fee-loh-sir-fee ? Me only a small fly leh

Go to bed liao. bye bye
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

/me doze off.....

I is back! ....

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    I is back! ....
    Iphone is back ?
    寒冰不能斷流水 枯木亦會再逢春

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast