Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 132

Thread: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    I'm hoping to get a new machine...
    My pb867 is getting long in the tooth.

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Ok Mac users.....................

    So who is getting the Leopard????

    It will be out officially on the 26th Oct 2007!
    I'm waiting for 10.5.3, when it's reasonably stable. I've been burned a few too many times. I loaded Tiger when the 10.4.1 update was available and things didn't work so well for me.

    I'm thankful that my machine is supported being that it's a 1.33 GHz G4, but a few things are only supported by 1.5 GHz and up machines and others are only supported on Intel-based machines. Hopefully, it all works out.

  3. #103

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Never had issues with 10.4.1, upgraded from 10.3 to 10.4, now all the way at 10.4.10, awaiting the last 10.4.11, I'll be getting Leopard definitely, but must see easy to get hold of stock or not. Or see got MO bo.

  4. #104
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    looks like a good time to shop for 2nd hand macs

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Singapore Army got Leopard 2A4 ... Mac users gonna get the Leopard too

  6. #106

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    I am still using Panther... and best thing is I bought a copy of CS3 one month back... now lying around waiting to get leopard to I can actually use CS3...

    Thinking of getting a mini with a dell 24". I think that is better than a 20" imac right? as I can use the monitor for other stuff like PS3, PSP, PC, etc.

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    Singapore Army got Leopard 2A4 ... Mac users gonna get the Leopard too
    U like that also can ah? In Singapore and around the world, house all got Windows leh, so I think it is better for us to switch using Wndows lor...

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I am still using Panther... and best thing is I bought a copy of CS3 one month back... now lying around waiting to get leopard to I can actually use CS3...

    Thinking of getting a mini with a dell 24". I think that is better than a 20" imac right? as I can use the monitor for other stuff like PS3, PSP, PC, etc.
    yea but mini not as powerful as the regular Macs mah~ might be slow to run ur CS3

  9. #109
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    I'm thinking of getting some Mac Pro and Macbook Pro from overseas after Leopard is launched. Anyone already with intention of getting one can PM me. Prices will be slightly cheaper than Singapore Edu discount.

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    I'm thinking of getting some Mac Pro and Macbook Pro from overseas after Leopard is launched. Anyone already with intention of getting one can PM me. Prices will be slightly cheaper than Singapore Edu discount.
    got iMac?

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    serangoon central
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    My iMac G5 has a white column near the middle of the screen that does not go away.
    Anyone having similar problem?
    Sigh.. Regret not buying apple care now.

  12. #112
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    got iMac?
    Edited. This just in.

    Yah, I'm shipping in iMacs, too. PM me for a quote.
    Last edited by Parka; 21st October 2007 at 12:52 AM.

  13. #113

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    I'm thinking of getting some Mac Pro and Macbook Pro from overseas after Leopard is launched. Anyone already with intention of getting one can PM me. Prices will be slightly cheaper than Singapore Edu discount.
    Hong Kong has one of the cheapest MacBook in Asia. Check out their website and convert it and you will save about 300-400.

  14. #114

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    yea but mini not as powerful as the regular Macs mah~ might be slow to run ur CS3
    After the mini is the MAC Pro iao lei. It's a VERY big price differance.

    iMac is good but it's always best to get a separate components.

    My suggestion is maybe can buy a MacBook Pro which can run CS3 without a hitch.

  15. #115

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Hong Kong has one of the cheapest MacBook in Asia. Check out their website and convert it and you will save about 300-400.
    wow can save up to 10% on the mac pro

  16. #116

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    300 new features of the Leopard!

    http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/300.html

  17. #117

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    preordered

  18. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    iMac intel dual-core 2Ghz shouldn't be a problem to upgrade without affecting the speed and performance, rite?

    epicentre has the leopard available by 26th Oct? so coincidence...payday leh.
    Games of Thrones.....

  19. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    can anyone advise what mac program can i use to convert avi to dvd, please? TIA
    Games of Thrones.....

  20. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: The Unofficial Clubsnap Mac Users Chat Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    iMac intel dual-core 2Ghz shouldn't be a problem to upgrade without affecting the speed and performance, rite?

    epicentre has the leopard available by 26th Oct? so coincidence...payday leh.
    It will affect the speed and performance greatly...in a good way, also.

    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    can anyone advise what mac program can i use to convert avi to dvd, please? TIA
    Check MacUpdate or VersionTracker. I believe I've seen one to convert what's in AVI to QuickTime and you can go from there.
    Last edited by bousozoku; 21st October 2007 at 09:19 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •