Thread: How to remove ballhead from tripod/monopod?

Default How to remove ballhead from tripod/monopod?

I have a Manfrotto monopod 680B with ballhead RC486 mounted, and a Benro tripod A-128 with ballhead BH-0.

I am trying to use the Manfrotto ballhead on the Benro tripod, but I can't seem to remove either ballhead from the monopod or the tripod. Is there any technique to remove ballhead which I am not aware of?

Thank you, xie xie, terima kasih, arigato.....

Default Re: How to remove ballhead from tripod/monopod?

Quote Originally Posted by CTN View Post
    I have a Manfrotto monopod 680B with ballhead RC486 mounted, and a Benro tripod A-128 with ballhead BH-0.

I am trying to use the Manfrotto ballhead on the Benro tripod, but I can't seem to remove either ballhead from the monopod or the tripod. Is there any technique to remove ballhead which I am not aware of?

Thank you, xie xie, terima kasih, arigato.....
    Check under the ball head mounting area, there are 3 silver coloured screws which can be tightened to prevent the ballhead from turning loose during usage. Try untightening them before you twist off the ball head.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Check under the ball head mounting area, there are 3 silver coloured screws which can be tightened to prevent the ballhead from turning loose during usage. Try untightening them before you twist off the ball head.

yeah and those are normally worm screws as they are fully inserted and tighten and finally "hide" in the holes. They look something like "36" on this image http://www.carlo-zanone.it/images/marco2.jpg oh and they normally gets loosen using allen keys.

Managed to unscrew the ballheads. Thanks for advice.