Thread: Quick help for Batching processing newbie

Default Quick help for Batching processing newbie

Hi all using adobe photoshop cs2 currently. And ive got a small problem that translates to a big one for me =(

I created an easy batch action, namely resizing the picture, saving it, and then closing it before moving onto the next one. Sounds easy yeah? Only thing is that after resizing the picture and moving onto saving it, the "Saving window" pops up and asks what quality i want the jpeg to be saved. Any ideas on how to overrite this nagging problem?

TY
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

Default Re: Quick help for Batching processing newbie

hmm wad abt taking a diff approach. make a copy of the files and use the save command instead of save as command to overwrite the existing file being resized with the resized version?

another solution is to get lightroom...much much simpler...

btw, wat is light room? izzit a program to batch process pics?? heee.. sorry i ride on this thread as well..
    i'm trying to get a s/w to batch process pics in color, contrast, sharpness,etc.. is there any out there at a affordable price.. hmmm dunno got 'not original' wan ??
    thks for the info 1st..

Lightroom is another software for photographers to quick process and organize thier photos. Cost about $180 for student edition or $360 for commerical version. Takea look at the link below on lightroom.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

Blog Entries

if you are using windows, you can also try adobe photoshop album

http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...m/starter.html

it's free!

I am sure that there are many other solutions that are free

Quote Originally Posted by munkey View Post
    Hi all using adobe photoshop cs2 currently. And ive got a small problem that translates to a big one for me =(

I created an easy batch action, namely resizing the picture, saving it, and then closing it before moving onto the next one. Sounds easy yeah? Only thing is that after resizing the picture and moving onto saving it, the "Saving window" pops up and asks what quality i want the jpeg to be saved. Any ideas on how to overrite this nagging problem?

TY
    your action should include a "save as" command and save jpg files into another folder, so it will not prompt you every time save a file and no files will be overwritten.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

TY
    Place a heavy object on the enter key.
    Learn Learn Learn | Flickr

TY
    Not sure if you've solved this but when you record your action you should save the file and go through the whole process of specifying the jpg quality... and then agree to save the file.... not stop half way.... so after you record your action you should see 1 resized image in the folder you specified.... if you don't see it that means you're stopping halfway somewhere.....

Smile Re: Quick help for Batching processing newbie

If u are resizing onie to post online... I would recommend this. Safe & free from Microsoft's PowerToy image resizer u can find it at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx select the right hand side & search for re-sizer... it is convenience & as it is approved by Microsoft... it works pretty well exccept that it onie have 4 sizes for u to choose. Very useful tool though if u wan juz to post pic online...
    Last edited by Crabby; 25th August 2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

Quote Originally Posted by polkalaw View Post
    btw, wat is light room? izzit a program to batch process pics?? heee.. sorry i ride on this thread as well..
    i'm trying to get a s/w to batch process pics in color, contrast, sharpness,etc.. is there any out there at a affordable price.. hmmm dunno got 'not original' wan ??
    thks for the info 1st..
    man...lightroom is already very low cost...