Thread: Driving to Mersing...

Default Driving to Mersing...

All,

I could do with some help here.
    I am a bit tired of this hectic life and need a break from civilization. Planning to drive to Mersing this weekend. Have never been there. Planning to leave early Saturday morning and hoping to return to Singapore by 6-7 PM on Sunday (in time to catch the British F1 GP )

I could do with whatever tips that you people can give me. Thanks in advance.

1. Driving directions
    I will be driving from Tuas 2nd link. How do I get to the highway leading up to Mersing from Tuas 2nd link ? How long does it take to reach Mersing ?

2. Accomodation
    I believe there are a few resorts in Mersing. Which one is the least crowded ? I don't care about service. Just want to chill out at the beach.

3. Beach
    I read that the beach in Mersing is quite dirty. The better option is to drive 15 kms further north. Has anyone been there and confirm if its good ?

That's about all for now.

All advices most appreciated.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Default Re: Driving to Mersing...

its quite a long way up to mersing..and its not really worth it. i go there quite often to take the boat to dayang for diving.

why don't you try the desaru area instead?

i know of a great place to chill out for 2D1N, and it only costs about 60-70sgd per person. best of all, no need to drive. but you can if you really want to lah. PM me if you're interested?

Default Re: Driving to Mersing...

Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    its quite a long way up to mersing..and its not really worth it. i go there quite often to take the boat to dayang for diving.

why don't you try the desaru area instead?

i know of a great place to chill out for 2D1N, and it only costs about 60-70sgd per person. best of all, no need to drive. but you can if you really want to lah. PM me if you're interested?
    PM sent
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....