Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: buying a DSLR camera

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    It is no typo and you can get a MkIII at around $7K, IIRC

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Change the mkII to mkIII

    Also, all of them have their pros and cons. I recommend you get all three.
    1Ds MK II is more high-end and expensive than the 1D MK III. 1D MK III is only built for speed, else it's the 1Ds MK II.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    It is no typo and you can get a MkIII at around $7K, IIRC
    I can get it for just over $6K.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I can get it for just over $6K.
    Did the price just dropped considerably or was that what it started out with? Heard that MkIII was selling for close to 7K when some of the shops here got it.

  5. #25

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    1Ds MK II is more high-end and expensive than the 1D MK III. 1D MK III is only built for speed, else it's the 1Ds MK II.
    Huh? Why?

  6. #26
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Huh? Why?
    1Ds is FF body while the other 1D are 1.3 crop body.. 1Ds MII is a whopping 16.7MP FF sensor wif excellent noise control even @ high iso setting.. the price by Canon is appx 16K SGD. Shops sell @ 12KSGD.

    So do think this 1Ds MII deserves the price compared to the other 1D? =)

  7. #27

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    1Ds is FF body while the other 1D are 1.3 crop body.. 1Ds MII is a whopping 16.7MP FF sensor wif excellent noise control even @ high iso setting.. the price by Canon is appx 16K SGD. Shops sell @ 12KSGD.

    So do think this 1Ds MII deserves the price compared to the other 1D? =)
    LOL. I wasn't even aware that there was a Ds line

  8. #28
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere by the sea...
    Posts
    473

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Money no object...

    1) EOS 1Ds MkII
    2) EF 16-35 2.8L Mk II
    3) EF 24-70 2.8L
    4) EF 70-200 2.8L IS
    5) EF 50 1.2L

    This should keep the average DSLR user happy


    A more 'economical' choice

    1) EOS 30D
    2) EF 17-40 F4L
    3) EF 70-200 F4L
    4) EF 50mm 1.4
    5) 60mm Macro
    Last edited by rapier84; 3rd July 2007 at 10:02 PM.

  9. #29
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    LOL. I wasn't even aware that there was a Ds line
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...eos1dsmkii.asp

  10. #30
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by rapier84 View Post
    Money no object...

    1) EOS 1Ds MkII
    2) EF 16-35 2.8L Mk II
    3) EF 24-70 2.8L
    4) EF 70-200 2.8L IS
    5) EF 50 1.2L

    This should keep the average DSLR user happy


    A more 'economical' choice

    1) EOS 30D
    2) EF 17-40 F4L
    3) EF 70-200 F4L
    4) EF 50mm 1.4
    5) 60mm Macro
    i like the 2 combos, add a 580EXII as well =)

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Did the price just dropped considerably or was that what it started out with? Heard that MkIII was selling for close to 7K when some of the shops here got it.
    Yeah it's true cos that's the starting price.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  12. #32
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    If money not problem
    Adding to rapier list

    Camera System
    1) EOS 1Ds MkII

    Must buy Lens System for the rich & elite
    It covers all range that u may, or would ever use

    EF 14mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 24mm f/1.4L USM
    EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
    EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
    EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
    EF 135mm f/2L USM
    EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
    EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM
    EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
    EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
    EF 500mm f/4L IS USM
    EF 600mm f/4L IS USM

    Nobody can be more pro than u
    Only the elites are fit to touch all these


    Not so elite but affordable system

    ZOOM LENSES
    EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM :
    EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
    Last edited by Static; 3rd July 2007 at 10:38 PM.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Huh? Why?
    As explained by xunjas. Do not see the 'III' prefix always being bigger than the 'II'. The 1Ds series is more superior than the 1D series mainly being full frame.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    LOL. I wasn't even aware that there was a Ds line
    The first 1Ds was out since a couple of years back.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  15. #35

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    ok i actually have a budget of 100k to build the best camera. is there any DIY cameras around? canon and nikon cameras are too common are there any other brands that ican choose from?

  16. #36

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    If money not problem
    Adding to rapier list

    Camera System
    1) EOS 1Ds MkII

    Must buy Lens System for the rich & elite
    It covers all range that u may, or would ever use

    EF 14mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 24mm f/1.4L USM
    EF 35mm f/1.4L USM
    EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
    EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
    EF 135mm f/2L USM
    EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
    EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM
    EF 300mm f/4L IS USM
    EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
    EF 500mm f/4L IS USM
    EF 600mm f/4L IS USM

    Nobody can be more pro than u
    Only the elites are fit to touch all these


    Not so elite but affordable system

    ZOOM LENSES
    EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM
    EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM :
    EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM
    And a full-time assistant to lug those lenses around

    Come to think of it, why not a camera for each of those primes so you'll never have to change?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Quote Originally Posted by bugsz View Post
    ok i actually have a budget of 100k to build the best camera. is there any DIY cameras around? canon and nikon cameras are too common are there any other brands that ican choose from?
    $100K ah? Then get Leica R9 with digital back (u get best of both worlds for film and digital) plus all the primes which are f/2.8 and below.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  18. #38

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Am I the only one finding this person hard to believe?

  19. #39
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    Nonsense lah...

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: buying a DSLR camera

    TS is a joker.....
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •