Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tripod

Smile Re: Tripod

you may check velbon tripod......go to www.laudigital.com.sg

Default Re: Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    Yup, correct. The shorter length and portability made me choose the 4-section over the 3-section. Since this tripod is ment for travelling, the retracted length was important to me. Also, with an extra section has greater flexibility of another section to extend (or not) whilst shooting. Both models have the same weight.

To describe my test at the shop, what I did was deploy both models and twisted them both to see how much each model can rotate while planted firmly on the ground. Seeing that there are not much differences, I chose the 4-section. The sections did not retract or creep while exerting downward force. From the Gitzo website, the newly designed G-locks grips tighter when more force is exerted! And they perform as described!
    I see, I opted for the 3 section because I have 1 section less to deal with :P I also have the EX version, great for weird terrain but a pain to set up on level ground.

Quote Originally Posted by randytay View Post
    I see, I opted for the 3 section because I have 1 section less to deal with :P I also have the EX version, great for weird terrain but a pain to set up on level ground.
    True, with one section less, it'll take less time to deploy.
    Give and take. See what the user wants in his tripod. Speed or convenience or a shorter length.

After going thru and hands on checking out the tripod, I think I have decided on a ball head instead....

1. 190 X Prob
    2. 488RC2.....

Think this will not be too heavy and the 190 X can be used for Marco shots too....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234