Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tripod

Default Re: Tripod

My recommendation to you and TS for a strong stable tripod will be as follows :

1.) Manfrotto 190 PROB Tripod
    2.) Manfrotto 486 RC2 ballhead

The estimated cost is approx. $260 - $295 depending where you buy from.

If you wanna know why cos' I using it. I give a after using it for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I am looking for tripod too....

So maybe someone can also advise me..... 400D with grip set up, need some weight to be stable in strong wind and estimated cost......

Thanks.
    Nikon D5000 | NikKor AF-S 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G VR | Nikkor AF-S 35mm f/1.8G | SB-400

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Just ask Francis247 on his thoughts...

He sent a whole setup crashing lens down by accident, and he changed the whole tripod system almost overnight...
    Ya, then comes the cost of repairs!
    Made me change my way of thinking of the quality and capacity of legs too!

Quote Originally Posted by zola70 View Post

The 190Prob is quite a good idea and is excellent value for money. It's fairly light for it's load capacity of 5kg at 1.85kg. I have been using one for quite some time now with no issues.

If u can afford it, get a Gitzo. Do it once, do it well. Then save up and get a good head. I recommend tripod heads from Really Right Stuff. Cannot go wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by randytay View Post
    If u can afford it, get a Gitzo. Do it once, do it well. Then save up and get a good head. I recommend tripod heads from Really Right Stuff. Cannot go wrong there.
    Agreed!
    Get a solid head (RRS, Markins, Arca Swiss, etc.) and RRS (IMO) plates and/or replacement foots for the long lenses!

My setup :
    Legs : Gitzo GT2540
    Head : Markins M10
    Lens & Camera Plates & Replacement Foots : Really Right Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Just ask Francis247 on his thoughts...

He sent a whole setup crashing lens down by accident, and he changed the whole tripod system almost overnight...
    I've experienced the pain b4 Was using a 486RC2 ballhead. I think I didn't secure the QR plate tight enough and my whole system came tumbling down when I hold it over my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    Agreed!
    Get a solid head (RRS, Markins, Arca Swiss, etc.) and RRS (IMO) plates and/or replacement foots for the long lenses!

My setup :
    Legs : Gitzo GT2540
    Head : Markins M10
    Lens & Camera Plates & Replacement Foots : Really Right Stuff
    G2540 looks very good with a load capacity of 12kg and weigh only 1.4kg, what's the price u pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by wong1979 View Post
    G2540 looks very good with a load capacity of 12kg and weigh only 1.4kg, what's the price u pay for it?
    It's in the reagon of S$9xx. But now with an extra 2% GST, it should be more.

I've experienced the pain b4 Was using a 486RC2 ballhead. I think I didn't secure the QR plate tight enough and my whole system came tumbling down when I hold it over my shoulder.

No major damage I hope.
    The 486RC2 should have a catch to secure the plate to the head right?

I have the G2530. The only difference is that mine is a 3 section, and there was some advice that you should try to get as less sections as possible.

I have the G2530. The only difference is that mine is a 3 section, and there was some advice that you should try to get as less sections as possible.
    Yes, I know of that. But after fully extending both the 2530 and 2540 to test, the difference in strength, rotation etc isn't much. So I went for the shorter 4-section model.

Yes, I know of that. But after fully extending both the 2530 and 2540 to test, the difference in strength, rotation etc isn't much. So I went for the shorter 4-section model.
    What do u mean by rotation? Seems that the naming convention for 3 sections and 4 sections is 30 and 40 respectively?

What do u mean by rotation? Seems that the naming convention for 3 sections and 4 sections is 30 and 40 respectively?
    Rotation of the leg sections I presume.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zola70 View Post

I was aiming for the 190 Prob actually after I went thru the websites... but I would prefer a 3 way tilt actually....... Guess not many tilts fans here......

Thanks for sharing bro!
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I was aiming for the 190 Prob actually after I went thru the websites... but I would prefer a 3 way tilt actually....... Guess not many tilts fans here......

Thanks for sharing bro!
    Get a 804rc2 3 way pan head from steadyshots he is selling off his copy for 130 + mbag70 which is a steal for a almost new set.

Is there any significant advantage that swayed you towards the 4 sections model?

Is there any significant advantage that swayed you towards the 4 sections model?
    its definitely the shorter folder length that makes people buy 4 section instead of 3...

Quote Originally Posted by eugenep View Post
    Get a 804rc2 3 way pan head from steadyshots he is selling off his copy for 130 + mbag70 which is a steal for a almost new set.
    Thanks for your tips.. will have a look....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    its definitely the shorter folder length that makes people buy 4 section instead of 3...
    Yup, correct. The shorter length and portability made me choose the 4-section over the 3-section. Since this tripod is ment for travelling, the retracted length was important to me. Also, with an extra section has greater flexibility of another section to extend (or not) whilst shooting. Both models have the same weight.

To describe my test at the shop, what I did was deploy both models and twisted them both to see how much each model can rotate while planted firmly on the ground. Seeing that there are not much differences, I chose the 4-section. The sections did not retract or creep while exerting downward force. From the Gitzo website, the newly designed G-locks grips tighter when more force is exerted! And they perform as described!

maybe you can check velbon tripod.....or go to check www.laudigital.com.sg

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast