Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tripod

Default Re: Tripod

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Thanks bro for your website... will look around soon....

I was looking at the slik 500 PRO... is that a good tripod?

http://www.slik.com/pro/4906752103241-e.html

Can the head be changed in future??? It is a 3 way pan..... I am not good in tripod.. (Sa Ka)... lol.....

That seems to be the cheapest around...... and weigh 2.45kg..... Should be heavy and stable enough right???
    Do take note that the weight capacity of the tripod includes the weight of the tripod itself, excluding the weight of the head and your gear.

At 2.45Kg, you'll feel the weight when you are travelling with it after some distances. But if you have some kind of commando fitness, then 2.45Kg would not be a problem.

Thanks bro for your website... will look around soon....

I was looking at the slik 500 PRO... is that a good tripod?

http://www.slik.com/pro/4906752103241-e.html

Can the head be changed in future??? It is a 3 way pan..... I am not good in tripod.. (Sa Ka)... lol.....

That seems to be the cheapest around...... and weigh 2.45kg..... Should be heavy and stable enough right???
    I dun think this is one of the models which you can replace the head. And if I'm not mistaken, I had tried one of this model before... trust me, it's not a fun thing to carry this around...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hey guys, dun forget abt Feisol. www.feisol.com
    U can order straight fr their website.

Ordered 2 tripods fr them so far. Quality is good! their customer svc is also first rate. Very prompt replies to emails. they have no problems sending u replacement parts should something fail too.

If you can afford it, I would suggest Gitzo.

IMHO, buy a one this time, then dun need to look at another brand liao.

Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    Do take note that the weight capacity of the tripod includes the weight of the tripod itself, excluding the weight of the head and your gear.

At 2.45Kg, you'll feel the weight when you are travelling with it after some distances. But if you have some kind of commando fitness, then 2.45Kg would not be a problem.
    I know.... but I wanna build up my fitness, and this will be the best dumb bell to use!!!

Art is perception; Perception is art.

Cost constrain... as just splash quite a bit for 400D+grip+24mm.....

Maybe save up for a while... but need to get before national day??? MMmm... maybe before the autumn festive fire work??

Think a budget of $300 will be more ideal... and I thinking of Manfrotto.... 055.....

I agree.... get the right one... this time. Gitzo...... mmm....

Hey guys.... if I were to ask... ballhead or 3 way.... will I be out of topic???

I think 3 way and ball have their advantage, and stitching.... 3 way will be easier....

If I love night scene, stitching will be more suitable for pano shots.... and maybe focus closer... Sharper image???? I will try and search for a thread on the head first...

Ok, found it.... http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthrea...highlight=head
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 4th July 2007 at 11:36 PM.

But also see that next time if consider that you will not want to incur cost by changing and changing your tripod / head.

My idea is bodies can change but lenses and tripod will follow me all the way.

I ate some grass for a while before getting mine.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    But also see that next time if consider that you will not want to incur cost by changing and changing your tripod / head.

My idea is bodies can change but lenses and tripod will follow me all the way.

I ate some grass for a while before getting mine.

Ryan
    Good advise... and I will note that... I will get a changeable head set up and offer more flexiblity..... a strong SA KA is a must then.... for stable shots, and my lighter slik can be useful for travelling....

I find the glitz site a bit hard to navigate and see the models....

I prefer the manfrotto... hehe....

Just wondering if I have a ballhead with load capacity of 30 (thirty) kg and a tripod with load capacity of just 3 (three) kg, is it wise to it support a macro setup ( macro lens, flash, camera body) of around 2 to 2.2kg? My intention is travel as light as possible with good results.

Ballhead is around 400g and tripod is about 800g.

Quote Originally Posted by wong1979 View Post
    Just wondering if I have a ballhead with load capacity of 30 (thirty) kg and a tripod with load capacity of just 3 (three) kg, is it wise to it support a macro setup ( macro lens, flash, camera body) of around 2 to 2.2kg? My intention is travel as light as possible with good results.

Ballhead is around 400g and tripod is about 800g.
    Not very sound... how heavy is your ballhead? 1kg? Add that weight to your camera gear, does that sound too heavy for your tripod?? If so, then better not...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

ANTARCTICA FIELD REPORT OF INDURO (BENRO) TRIPOD
    BY MICHAEL REICHMANN
    [/URL]

Benro Catalogue
    BENPHOTO @ Peninsula Shopping Ctr #01-17 (S)179804 (Mon-Sat 12-8pm, Sun 1-6pm) Tel:+65-63364129

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Not very sound... how heavy is your ballhead? 1kg? Add that weight to your camera gear, does that sound too heavy for your tripod?? If so, then better not...
    Just recalculated:
    (1) Camera + lens + flash = 2.5 Kg (Future setup)
    (2) Ballhead weight: 385g (Load capacity = 30kg)
    (3) Tripod weight: 1 kg (Load capacity = 4.5kg)

Total load will be more than half of the load capacity, dunno whether stable or not

Just recalculated:

Total load will be more than half of the load capacity, dunno whether stable or not
    depends on what tripod... my slik pro 330dx weight 1.6kg got no problem support d50 + 80-200 + flash... tho its rated with only 4kg of load.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    depends on what tripod... my slik pro 330dx weight 1.6kg got no problem support d50 + 80-200 + flash... tho its rated with only 4kg of load.
    mine is a gitzo g1158, but it looks kinda flimsy when fully extended. also it's twist lock, so I fear if I nv twist tight enough, the legs might retract under the weight.

I've just been on a 10 day trip with my SLIK 340DX ($150+). I think its a good travel tripod. Not to heavy to carry and also light on wallet. It has 4 section legs which makes it really compact when retracted (i.e. easy to carry). The legs are made of "Aluminum-Magnesium-Titanium alloy", thus less then 1.7kg.

Downs are:

4 section legs, takes more time to extend. (also a plus, coz tripod very compact)
    Too low for me even with mid section extended (I'm 1.86m tall)
    3 way head has 2 levers which makes it impossible to fit into standard SLIK bag without removing one of the levers. (however, i hang the tripod on my slighshot 200 with one of those lever when moving around, which is good since there are no tripod attachment on slingshot )

Btw, i use D80 with 18~135mm kit lens.

Cheers!

I find the glitz site a bit hard to navigate and see the models....

I prefer the manfrotto... hehe....
    I would suggest that you go to TK & try out the tripods on display to have a good feel of them before deciding.

Just recalculated:

With this kind of capacity, try to gently twist the tripod and see how much it can sway/twist. Not very stable IMO. If someone or yourself accidently knocks/kicked the tripod, if the base isn't stable enough, the entire setup might just come crashing down.

With the amount of gear (cost-wise) on the legs, not worth the risk to save, but to go for a tripod with a larger load capacity.

Just ask Francis247 on his thoughts...

He sent a whole setup crashing lens down by accident, and he changed the whole tripod system almost overnight...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast