Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: card reader

  1. #1

    Default card reader

    hi,

    can u guys recommend any reasonable brand/price CF card reader or multi card card reader? cos i have bought one cheapo from mutafa just 2 hrs before i left for my oversea trip in end May cos my another "ting" deaded ...n this new one only lasted a few transfer and dead too... i was told is better to buy the card reader for single CF type...tks!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: card reader

    sandisk... any of them will do

  3. #3

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    sandisk... any of them will do
    ar...u referring to sandisk only?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: card reader

    sandisk or lexar also can...

    i am using lexar....

  5. #5

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    sandisk or lexar also can...

    i am using lexar....
    ok tks...will go sls to look for one...wat the price range like for these 2 brand?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: card reader

    my lexar bought in us for $20 like that.. magic drain pipe.

    but should set you around $60-70 ? not very sure the pricing over at singapore.

  7. #7

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    my lexar bought in us for $20 like that.. magic drain pipe.

    but should set you around $60-70 ? not very sure the pricing over at singapore.
    oh...should have ask earlier...i just back from US..

    tks!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    ar...u referring to sandisk only?
    yes, any model from sandisk..

  9. #9

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    yes, any model from sandisk..
    hey, tks!!

  10. #10

    Default Re: card reader

    I read before in the review comparing various brands of card readers incl. sandisk, and some other less known brands.
    the verdict: transcend one is the fastest. sandisk is close behind, but more expensive.
    Do note those reviews are done in late 2005, so I am not sure how that would hold up now.
    Oh and those transcends look squarish(external usb card reader).

  11. #11

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    I read before in the review comparing various brands of card readers incl. sandisk, and some other less known brands.
    the verdict: transcend one is the fastest. sandisk is close behind, but more expensive.
    Do note those reviews are done in late 2005, so I am not sure how that would hold up now.
    Oh and those transcends look squarish(external usb card reader).
    hey..tks for the feedback...

    cant stand the wait of 2gb of foto transfer via cam's usb1 to the ntebook everytime... during my trip....drain the cam's batt somemore..

  12. #12

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    hey..tks for the feedback...

    cant stand the wait of 2gb of foto transfer via cam's usb1 to the ntebook everytime... during my trip....drain the cam's batt somemore..
    oh how come? u plug usb from camera to notebook directly?
    I thought usually people take out their memory card(cf, sd etc) and plug to card reader instead?
    ya usb1 is super slow..

  13. #13

    Default Re: card reader

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    oh how come? u plug usb from camera to notebook directly?
    I thought usually people take out their memory card(cf, sd etc) and plug to card reader instead?
    ya usb1 is super slow..
    my 1st carder reader gone just the nite b4 i fly off...so buy another last min replacement from mutafa at 2am used about 3-4 times n gone also....wat a luck

  14. #14

    Default Re: card reader

    ya those no brand one usually not very reliable.. and their transfer speed suck as well :P
    get a branded like those card makers transcend, sandisk, lexar is best bet(of course the latter 2 are more expensive as well).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •