Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

  1. #1

    Default How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    I interested to know how to shoot a good frame photo it is very interesting...as i know that FRAMING is a technique that draws attention to the subject of a image , and it makes the eyes linger longer on the subject ... i want to learn this techniques effectively using a PNS but i wonder can a PNS do it or not i hope someone can show me a EXAMPLE of a frame photo using a PNS camera... thanks

    PS.i using a ixus850 currently

  2. #2

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    dont worry so much, just do it.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,479

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    ok try to avoid distractions like focus on the main objects don have like something at the back
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  5. #5

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    ok try to avoid distractions like focus on the main objects don have like something at the back
    what do u meant by avoid distraction...example like moving object on the side n oustanding things that distract...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    i mean find a nice background without things popping out here and there
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  7. #7

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    If you are interested, take a look at my site

    http://antony.sofohk.com

    Some of the older shots are done with Canon PS A80.

  8. #8

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    there are tons of articles/websites out there

    one example: http://photoinf.com/General/

  9. #9
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    actually i dun quite understand what you mean, becos it seems to be asking how to take good composition, which apart from certain rules, lies mainly on personal judgement and aesthetic. compact probably differs from DSLR in terms of focal length equivalence, which affects composition either with or without a change of standing position. ease of LCD live previewing also increases the range of angling in compacts.

    other than that, compact and DSLR may not differ much in terms of composition. of cos, the degree/ease of exposure control, the optic quality and the sensor quality is pretty much better in DSLR than compact (with compact having other advantages). the rare few who knows the limit of compact/camera-handphone and is able to optimise it to their taste can still produce good photographs although the degree of picture quality technically still may be different.

    two of the best are here.

    melnjes: using nokia N95
    Hacker: using nikon coolpix

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help



    this is a bad pic
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    it is a bad pic because of the hand at the side that brings the viewers attention away
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  12. #12

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    actually i dun quite understand what you mean, becos it seems to be asking how to take good composition, which apart from certain rules, lies mainly on personal judgement and aesthetic. compact probably differs from DSLR in terms of focal length equivalence, which affects composition either with or without a change of standing position. ease of LCD live previewing also increases the range of angling in compacts.

    other than that, compact and DSLR may not differ much in terms of composition. of cos, the degree/ease of exposure control, the optic quality and the sensor quality is pretty much better in DSLR than compact (with compact having other advantages). the rare few who knows the limit of compact/camera-handphone and is able to optimise it to their taste can still produce good photographs although the degree of picture quality technically still may be different.

    two of the best are here.

    melnjes: using nokia N95
    Hacker: using nikon coolpix
    thanks your pics is really OUTSTANDING!!! do u have any tips that i can shoot such a good frame phto tis is really very useful pics... thanks alot

  13. #13
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    Quote Originally Posted by wyattearp View Post
    thanks your pics is really OUTSTANDING!!! do u have any tips that i can shoot such a good frame phto tis is really very useful pics... thanks alot
    those are not mine but fellow forumer melnjes & Hacker.

    there is plenty to say, but i think one of the most important thing is that you must first like the subject and how it looks in the camera, and be familiar with respective subject matter.

    the rest of the tips are all around but are still reliant on your judgement. enough links are provided, but next is just practise, post and feedback. the rules bends with different subject, for example, shooting a snake versus shooting a bird can't be the same becos their form are simply different. your question is too broad and if only photography can be so easily summarised, i would be delighted.

    Some things i can think of

    1. level horizon in non-dynamic situations

    2. have sufficient space around key subjects

    3. decide on appropriate symmetry or asymmetry

    4. introduce depth by understanding relationship of size/distance

    5. know when to include or exclude an item at the periphery

    6. simplify adjacent background to avoid interferences around key subjects

    7. know when to include a small part of, part of, most of, or all of a subject

    8. view the composition in terms of major forms and lines and see that they form clusters of interest.

    9. consider a second or multiple center of interest.

    10. decide on a vantage point that is interesting to you and the viewer.

  14. #14

    Default Re: How to shoot a good frame photo with a PNS camera anyone plz help

    Thanks for the tips will remember jus a beginner so must try to shoot a good frame photo thanks...cheers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •