Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Is live view worth the effort ?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Is live view worth the effort ?

    Hello all,

    On the next versions of Canon or Nikon or Sony etc. Would you like it to include "Live View"

    Olympus has had it for the E-330, E-410 and E-510, but I find it adds too much delay and I would not want it anyway.

    What are your thoughts

    Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    i wouldn't mind. as w/ all technology there is room for improvement. jus like batt life of digicams a few yrs back & d diff now.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    For middle aged people like me, it is hard to see the LCD to shoot, Large optical view finder like D80 is very good. If it is a feature without much extra cost, why not! but will not pay an arm or leg for it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    I still prefer to shoot thru the lens..

    its very different

    if i wanna shoot thru the LCD.. i could have gotten a compact.. no difference

  5. #5

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    still prefer the old way.. but if the technology matures, maybe I won't mind to give it a try

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    best if d LCD is able to flip 180 degrees for self portraits or v low angles. w/ new technology comes more photographic options. live view is another 1 of d many.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    i would like liveview, only if they find a way to tap that extra LCD and record it as a video. if that techonolgy comes out, i will be impressed. a DSLR that finally can take videos, even if its quality isn't that great.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    stick a videocam & focus on d live view LCD? reporters, paparazzi will really like live view cos they can shoot above eye level.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    best if d LCD is able to flip 180 degrees for self portraits or v low angles. w/ new technology comes more photographic options. live view is another 1 of d many.
    Would love to have this. But if at great cost money-wise and battery-wise, then perhaps not.

    :Later,

  10. #10

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hello all,

    On the next versions of Canon or Nikon or Sony etc. Would you like it to include "Live View"

    Olympus has had it for the E-330, E-410 and E-510, but I find it adds too much delay and I would not want it anyway.

    What are your thoughts

    Cheers
    I dun think the live view thingy will take off in Canon and Nikon. What is the point? Composing from view finder is good enough and I am not a fan of live view too. I rather Canon and Nikon focuses on making better sensors. pix quality is still more important than bell and whistle.
    Last edited by morningstar; 1st July 2007 at 11:06 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    I dun think the live view thingy will take off in Canon and Nikon. What is the point? Composing from view finder is good enough and I am not a fan of live view too. I rather Canon and Nikon focuses on making better sensors. pix quality is still more important than bell and whistle.
    true, but the whistle is more important than the bell.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    I dun think the live view thingy will take off in Canon and Nikon. What is the point? Composing from view finer is good enough and I am not a fan of live view too. I rather Canon and Nikon focuses on making better sensors. IQ is still more important than bell and whistle.
    Well it all depends on what you shoot... if you're a photojournalist or do mostly events,
    different angles taken above, below or waist level can create interesting compositions and
    those angles can only be achieved if you have live view (unless u are willing to do a trial and error shoot). Live view is not a necessity but it's useful in some situations and also having a live view makes your shots different from others specially during model shoot when everybody takes the same angle and pose of the model.

    And if it's not important why do these 2 big boys even thinking of putting it on their DSLR?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    I certainly won't be using LiveView even if it is on the camera as I don't believe I'd be able to hold the camera steady that way. LiveView is going to lead to lots of people getting blurry shots due to camera shake.

  14. #14
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    I can't hold it steady too... the E-330 video in the Olympus showroom if you have seen a bit bullsh*t... i never had this type of steady hands...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    live view as a new technology is a boon, technics on getting a gd clear pic is a diff thing. all things being equal (of course in really its not always d case), getting a crisp shot depends on skill. w/ v shaky hands got IS oso no use.

    it may b a matter of time b4 other brands follow suit. i remember Panasonic putting OIS in all their cams. all new tech will intially cost more but IS is now so common in compact cams.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    Quote Originally Posted by zildjohn View Post
    Well it all depends on what you shoot... if you're a photojournalist or do mostly events,
    different angles taken above, below or waist level can create interesting compositions and
    those angles can only be achieved if you have live view (unless u are willing to do a trial and error shoot). Live view is not a necessity but it's useful in some situations and also having a live view makes your shots different from others specially during model shoot when everybody takes the same angle and pose of the model.

    And if it's not important why do these 2 big boys even thinking of putting it on their DSLR?
    So that they can capture customers that want a P&S DSLR
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  17. #17

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    best if d LCD is able to flip 180 degrees for self portraits or v low angles. w/ new technology comes more photographic options. live view is another 1 of d many.
    i would love the LCD to flip out too

  18. #18
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Is live view worth the effort ?

    No. I don't like the live view thingy.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •