Thread: Hi! I'm BluSky the newbie

Default Hi! I'm BluSky the newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here.

I can't afford a digital camera, let alone an SLR but I've been using my Sony Ericsson W810i to snap pictures instead. I love nature, hence my object of desire has always been either trees, plants and flowers. I've posted one image for now. Do comment of it.

This picture was taken at Jurong Lake Park. Flame of the Forest ( I think) on a rock by the bank.

I'm saving for a decent camera for newbie. Suggest me some. Thanks!

Default Re: Hi! I'm BluSky the newbie

Hi sis,

welcome to this big family. Nice picture you got there. Didn't realised that the cam on your phone can take such nice picture. What type of camera are you looking at? PnS? Prosumer? SLR? DSLR? What's your budget? There are some pretty good deals in the B&S section. Do check them out.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Hi Galdor!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Thing is, I don't know what to get! Consider me a total photography idiot! I am currently jobless, so it will take a while for me to save up enough. How much does a decent SLR for newbie cost?

I am still going through the forum slowly. I am sure I'll get around to the fun stuff soon.

Meanwhile, any tips on how to take nice pics with a handphone cam? I'll post more pictures tomorrow. I need to resize them b4 uploading.

Nite!

Nice compostition! Good depth of field. Only thing is that i thing you go too close to the flower and the lens cannot focus properly. try further away and crop out instead!

Quote Originally Posted by BluSky View Post
    Hi Galdor!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Thing is, I don't know what to get! Consider me a total photography idiot! I am currently jobless, so it will take a while for me to save up enough. How much does a decent SLR for newbie cost?

I am still going through the forum slowly. I am sure I'll get around to the fun stuff soon.

Meanwhile, any tips on how to take nice pics with a handphone cam? I'll post more pictures tomorrow. I need to resize them b4 uploading.

Nite!
    A film SLR will cost below $300. A DSLR will cost at least $700-800. Do bear in mind that you need to get lenses filters & dry box as well.

Your photo is pretty good already. Don't think mine is better than yours, so I shall leave that to the better photographers to advise you. I'm still learning too.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by BluSky View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here.

I can't afford a digital camera, let alone an SLR but I've been using my Sony Ericsson W810i to snap pictures instead. I love nature, hence my object of desire has always been either trees, plants and flowers. I've posted one image for now. Do comment of it.

This picture was taken at Jurong Lake Park. Flame of the Forest ( I think) on a rock by the bank.

I'm saving for a decent camera for newbie. Suggest me some. Thanks!
    Hi BluSky ,

Welcome to this fun+big family Woah, nice pics by your hp.

Well, enjoy your stay and have lots of funs ahead
    Last edited by blueskye168; 29th June 2007 at 08:21 AM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Welcome,i am newbie also,lol.
    I love your photo,i just cannot imagine how good will it be if you use a SLR.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Werty View Post
    Nice compostition! Good depth of field. Only thing is that i thing you go too close to the flower and the lens cannot focus properly. try further away and crop out instead!
    hi there Werty! tks for the advise. yup, i agree, the pic is not as sharp as it should. i'll keep in mind to keep my distance in future.

to the rest, tks for the welcome. i feel warm and fuzzy already. haha!