Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: enlistment on 13 sep

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonsiao View Post
    my pay was $275 if i remember correctly....
    wa kaoz...so shiok...i start at $140 end at $200...u can imagine how i under achieve...



  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Wow evenstar, $400 recruit pay now?! I remembered we had $215 last time.

    I remember that during my 2mths Mono Intake at Armour, for some reason, I could not see my pay until they backpayed me after my BMT. So basically after I POPed, the following mth, I suddenly see a huge amount deposited into my bank account. Maybe its an isolated case, I'm not so sure.

    Canteen breaks? Had none of it, training was like as if we're going for war the next day.

  3. #43

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    How you enjoy your BMT, is all in the mind.

  4. #44

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    i hope i can see my limits.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by desmondnwx View Post
    i hope i can see my limits.

    wan to see limits u shd volunteer for the special forces selection which sometimes is open to normal units... normally it will be put up in the company notice board.

  6. #46

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Wow evenstar, $400 recruit pay now?! I remembered we had $215 last time.

    I remember that during my 2mths Mono Intake at Armour, for some reason, I could not see my pay until they backpayed me after my BMT. So basically after I POPed, the following mth, I suddenly see a huge amount deposited into my bank account. Maybe its an isolated case, I'm not so sure.

    Canteen breaks? Had none of it, training was like as if we're going for war the next day.
    well.........2LT pay is slightly above 1k.

  7. #47

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    wan to see limits u shd volunteer for the special forces selection which sometimes is open to normal units... normally it will be put up in the company notice board.
    i WILL I WILL!

  8. #48

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    If you're are really going to try for the Joint SF selection, go find out more about it first. Cuz if u pass the the course, there will be a whole lot of commitments that u might not be used to.

  9. #49
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    well.........2LT pay is slightly above 1k.
    OCTs already get around $700..after they commission is around 1.1k
    eat. drink. shoot

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    I saw a little BMT handbook on sale at Popular bookstore. Maybe you can check it out.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    If you're are really going to try for the Joint SF selection, go find out more about it first. Cuz if u pass the the course, there will be a whole lot of commitments that u might not be used to.
    Do you value honour above all? Are you willing to lay down your life? Put yourself in harm's way? Most importantly, do you have understanding and supportive loved ones?

  12. #52

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Do you value honour above all? Are you willing to lay down your life? Put yourself in harm's way? Most importantly, do you have understanding and supportive loved ones?
    wa liao, you guys sound like im gonna be signing on. i want to make the best out of my 2 years. one people one nation, one sinagpore..

  13. #53

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by desmondnwx View Post
    wa liao, you guys sound like im gonna be signing on. i want to make the best out of my 2 years. one people one nation, one sinagpore..
    you know, last year i was just like you, super excited, super on....heck i even wanted to sign on with guards! now a year + and countless ridiculous things to do later, i'm amazed at how fast my perceptions have changed...it's the direct opposite now... sometimes when i'm outfield, i think about how much time i've wasted and the opportunities i've missed because of ns...and all for what? put in 100% and more and you still don't get any appreciation from your superiors.. any less and you kenna kan....

    somemore if you suay suay like me kenna one man sai kang army and you settle most of the stuff yourself, you'll feel damn du lan when you don't even get a thank you (wasn't asking for much, just a show of appreciation)

    maybe it's me and i'm just really damn suay... but all the idiosyncracies synonymous with the saf that you encounter along your way as you journey from trainee, to command school (if you make it) to unit life have a way of dulling your enthusiasm

    don't get your hopes and expectations up too high, if you think life inside is like those advertisements, it's not..pian ginnah one... but then again, that's just one person's point of view and maybe, just maybe i'm one super bitter and cynical singaporean now.

    you could on the other hand, be like my bro who is super on and signed on. being in the armed service is a calling, like being a preacher. not everyone is cut out for it.

    didn't mean to be a wet blanket..just wanted to share my own opinion about ns now.

  14. #54

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    on the plus side, you get to learn very useful stuff that you can apply in the future, like how to make an improvised antenna for your tv with just a d10 cable...glad i attended the signal lesson...hehe..

    you'll have plenty of time to reflect on life as well once you're no longer a trainee..then sometimes the things that you think about stick in your mind and slowly begin to eat away at you and drive you nuts to the point you can't sleep..like when you become fixated with a certain someone in your life......ahh..i'm rambling..my apologies..well..cheers, all the best! cherish your pink ic while you can! cos your friends who're done with ns will start taunting you with theirs once you've exchanged for the green card (11b)...that pink ic will be the one thing from the gahment that you'll begin to miss so very much....

    take it easy inside, don't be overly enthu or you'll risk offending alot of people who just think you're trying to be wayang..then maybe they might want to throw surprise party for you when you least suspect it..then you might find yourself with very little clothes and alot of icky stuff on you...good people relations is vital... i'm just surprised some regulars don't comprehend something so basic like that...
    Last edited by agentmonkey; 29th June 2007 at 05:12 PM.

  15. #55

    Default Re: enlistment on 13 sep

    Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    on the plus side, you get to learn very useful stuff that you can apply in the future, like how to make an improvised antenna for your tv with just a d10 cable...glad i attended the signal lesson...hehe..

    you'll have plenty of time to reflect on life as well once you're no longer a trainee..then sometimes the things that you think about stick in your mind and slowly begin to eat away at you and drive you nuts to the point you can't sleep..like when you become fixated with a certain someone in your life......ahh..i'm rambling..my apologies..well..cheers, all the best! cherish your pink ic while you can! cos your friends who're done with ns will start taunting you with theirs once you've exchanged for the green card (11b)...that pink ic will be the one thing from the gahment that you'll begin to miss so very much....

    take it easy inside, don't be overly enthu or you'll risk offending alot of people who just think you're trying to be wayang..then maybe they might want to throw surprise party for you when you least suspect it..then you might find yourself with very little clothes and alot of icky stuff on you...good people relations is vital... i'm just surprised some regulars don't comprehend something so basic like that...




    CHILL buddy. im sure you will have a great life ahead!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •