Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun with Filters - Post Your Pictures Taken with Any Filters with Pentax Cameras Here

Default Re: Fun with Filters - Post Your Pictures Taken with Any Filters with Pentax Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Don't want to start a new thread, so, to anyone who sees this; is

this remote compatible with K100D ? =)
    It should be able to, as the compatibility lists includes the *ist DSLRs.

They are also selling a compatible wired remote for Canon xxxD bodies and Pentax DSLRs which I have.
    Pentax K-5 K10D ME FA35 50f1.4 DA12-24 DA17-70, Tamron 70-200, Polar 85f1.4, Sigma 17-70
    My Flickr

Default Re: Fun with Filters - Post Your Pictures Taken with Any Filters with Pentax Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by CY_OH View Post
    It should be able to, as the compatibility lists includes the *ist DSLRs.

They are also selling a compatible wired remote for Canon xxxD bodies and Pentax DSLRs which I have.
    Thanks dude!

Paiseh about the other day..

Taken with creampuff's 16-45 today. Good lens, though got hotspot, not very suitable for IR, but desaturation does wonders! =)

More here

creampuff should post up our the pic of the trio in IR!!

alright.. not very clear (for me) coz i laughed.. and giggled mostly..

but tt's just only ME

Will post up some of the few pictures taken. Just started post processing them. Don't know if I got it right or not. Many need night86mare to assist. I'll post it up soon but was pretty tied up with work today. We should have done the IR shooting today, the weather was nice and sunny. Anyway it was a fun meeting, I enjoyed it despite the dreary weather yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Will post up some of the few pictures taken. Just started post processing them. Don't know if I got it right or not. Many need night86mare to assist. I'll post it up soon but was pretty tied up with work today. We should have done the IR shooting today, the weather was nice and sunny. Anyway it was a fun meeting, I enjoyed it despite the dreary weather yesterday.
    Do you have MSN?

Or you could use email though a bit slow. Or just post it up here, original + PPed. =)

OK, finally managed to post.

This is jpg file created after SilkyPix grey point set.

This one is after channel mixer in Photoshop

Dunno whether correct or salah. Looks very blue.

::my PP.. colors wrong (as told by nightmare) o.0~

::after nightmare's PP::

creampuff -

Looks about right, the colours. However don't know if it's flare or hotspotting, seems to have bleached effect around the centre - maybe a combination of both. Probably would need to open up the aperture (i.e. smaller f-stop number) to reduce hotspotting if you wish to shoot IR with the 16-45.

Can up contrast and play with shadows/highlights. =)

For the second version, you can also carry out desaturation of all yellows after you do the channel swap. Looking good! =)

Yeah I notice the centre is a little hotter with the DA 16-45.
    Ok went to Hue/Saturation to desaturate the yellows and tweaked the curves.
    Still blur, blur... must brush up my Photoshop.

Before (dreadful flat overcast weather)

After tweaking channels, tweak hue/saturation, tweak curves
    Last edited by creampuff; 24th August 2007 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowywolf View Post
    20070822-IMGP0049PP.jpg
    ::my PP.. colors wrong (as told by nightmare) o.0~

20070822-IMGP0049-2nightmare.jpg[/IMG]
    ::after nightmare's PP::
    Whoa....was that "someone" bending down during the long exposure? Too bad the WB not so ideal, otherwise it would have made a real eerie IR foto.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    creampuff -

Looks about right, the colours. However don't know if it's flare or hotspotting, seems to have bleached effect around the centre - maybe a combination of both. Probably would need to open up the aperture (i.e. smaller f-stop number) to reduce hotspotting if you wish to shoot IR with the 16-45.

Can up contrast and play with shadows/highlights. =)

For the second version, you can also carry out desaturation of all yellows after you do the channel swap. Looking good! =)
    These two are really cool. I'd love to give my newly bought K100D kit a IR run, but need a filter, and some tips

Quote Originally Posted by fido-dido View Post
    Whoa....was that "someone" bending down during the long exposure? Too bad the WB not so ideal, otherwise it would have made a real eerie IR foto.
    that 'someone' is definitely bending down... it's creammmmmm pufffff lorrrrr... haha

sighs... WB WB WB... any K10D IR shooters here?
    can teach us a shorter and more efficient method of doing the Custom WB for IR?

heehee

Quote Originally Posted by fido-dido View Post
    Eh, that's ghostly me in snowywolf's test shot.
    IR portrait attempt of the 3 of us using self timer. The young IR master is on the left, beside him is the sweet Snowywolf... the fat one is me.

Wah, the DA 16-45mm hot spot is pretty obvious. I better go use the kit lens next time. Dunno if the processing is OK, just anyhow try one...
    Last edited by creampuff; 24th August 2007 at 11:21 AM.

Infrared City Exhibition

http://b-pals.com/forums/showpost.ph...37&postcount=1

Come and see Singapore through the lenses of the Infrared Photography Collective and experience a very specialized and rarely seen photography technique.

Consisting of professionals and amateur hobbyists from all walks of life brought together by a common passion for Infrared Photography, the Infrared Photography Collective brings their specialized craft into the public eye for the first time.

So come down and experience a truly unique Singapore.

Come meet the photographers on the opening day, 1st Sept @ 3pm, and find out more about Infrared photography!

Date : 1st-16th Sep 2007
    Time : 10am to 9pm daily
    Venue : National Library
    The Promenade (Level 8)
    100 Victoria Street
    Singapore 188064
    Admission : Free
    Email irphotosg@gmail.com for more details

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Eh, that's ghostly me in snowywolf's test shot.
    IR portrait attempt of the 3 of us using self timer. The young IR master is on the left, beside him is the sweet Snowywolf... the fat one is me.

Wah, the DA 16-45mm hot spot is pretty obvious. I better go use the kit lens next time. Dunno if the processing is OK, just anyhow try one...
    THE CUTE & SHORT one is ME

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    These two are really cool. I'd love to give my newly bought K100D kit a IR run, but need a filter, and some tips
    Sure thing, will be organising one more, though I suspect K10D people will have a hard time.

Amazingly yesterday we discovered that the metering of the same scene had different results using the same lens on mine and Dennis' body, I have no idea why but oh well, every camera has its own personality I suppose.

Best to use kit lens, so far not many Pentax people doing IR so only kit lens has been declared IR friendly thus far, 16-45 definitely not as Dennis' pictures have shown, hrm. Hot spot. But hot spots can be reduced by opening up aperture, yep.

Dennis - yar the pagoda picture looks nicely PP'ed, if there's anything wrong it's not really your fault, my pagoda pictures were weird too so I dumped them.

And haha, the IR group portrait photo is cool, Snowywolf was wearing black and it turned out looking more white than anything else in the original photo we saw. As a rule of thumb with hot spot pictures, I desaturate them, can correct la but very very ley chey.

The last IR photo I posted the black and white one, was taken with the 16-45, had hot spotting so I just desaturate before toning. One good thing about IR is that you can be very creative with the PP, hehe.

Funny thing is Snowywolf's hair has turned orangy brown and much lighter than yours??? Maybe my lens exposes lighter in the middle area. Anyway the DA 16-45 lens has a tendency to underexpose a bit for normal shooting. Don't know if this is somehow related.

Anyway got a 52mm R72 filter today so will experiment more using the kit lens and my other 52mm filter size lenses. IR is definitely unpredictable and fun. Count me in on the next IR meet-up. Maybe meet-up on a Saturday morning for breakfast and then adjourn to shoot when it gets bright and sunny.

I guess sat morning is more suitable compared to weekdays for most people here. If I can make it, will bring along the DS.

IR shooting is a little more deliberate, so a lazy Saturday would be good. Drinks with fellow Pentaxians would be super and it would be a good time to run through how to use the IR filter.

Off topic, I was scouring eBay and there are some China sellers selling IR filters at about US$17 including shipping (52mm). The Hoya R72 cuts off at 720nm wavelength. The online offerings come in 850nm and 950nm. Just ordered one to test.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast