Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

Default Re: National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    well, we need to hire Robert Langdon to solve the mystery ...
    Lobert bo eng lar

Why don't you give it a try ?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Lobert bo eng lar

Why don't you give it a try ?
    I don't want some 37 years old secret society to breath down on my neck
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

maybe they didn't want to bring up printed unfulfilled promises made 37 yrs ago

Nothing surprising la...time capsule can get lost, no wonder Richard Yong can also go under the radar....

Wish is the other way around :Richard Yong buried somewhere in there and the time capsule ran away!

That said, I think the authority will surely find it la, at least it is somewhere down there, never run away ma.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Nothing surprising la...time capsule can get lost, no wonder Richard Yong can also go under the radar....

Wish is the other way around :Richard Yong buried somewhere in there and the time capsule ran away!

That said, I think the authority will surely find it la, at least it is somewhere down there, never run away ma.
    sekali suay, some construction pillar just drive it even further down...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    sekali suay, some construction pillar just drive it even further down...
    It's still ok lor, we can then try to bring it up the next time we demolish the sports centre ma.

We are always looking to improve ourselves and get better, so I'm very sure this sports centre will be rendered obsolete sooner than later. Till then!

It's still ok lor, we can then try to bring it up the next time we demolish the sports centre ma.

We are always looking to improve ourselves and get better, so I'm very sure this sports centre will be rendered obsolete sooner than later. Till then!
    well, how to dig a perimeter of 10 level deep? hahaha... imagine the deep foundation...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

well, how to dig a perimeter of 10 level deep? hahaha... imagine the deep foundation...
    Hey, u r talking about S'pore leh, where got impossible one? Said and it shall be done ok?

Hey, u r talking about S'pore leh, where got impossible one? Said and it shall be done ok?
    said and time capsule disappeared
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    i love the cross-reference at the end of the article: "simply world-class"
    ya! sounded so sarcastic

oh...and i love that part by noh azhar.. "i was the last athlete and i personally handed the capsule to dr goh to bury it."
    Last edited by madmacs; 26th June 2007 at 09:41 PM.

Why when people first bury it, no fool remembered or recorded or stated the location of the capsule?

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Why when people first bury it, no fool remembered or recorded or stated the location of the capsule?
    Here lies the conspiracy.

You are exactly correct. Under any normal circumstances, someone would have at least reported the location of the time capsule.

But then, what happenned? None of the information regarding the location of the time capsule survived, all gone in 37 years!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

That's what you'll call "deep Sh*t"
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

You are exactly correct. Under any normal circumstances, someone would have at least reported the location of the time capsule.

But then, what happenned? None of the information regarding the location of the time capsule survived, all gone in 37 years!
    I've heard of people running away with money and sometimes running away with girlfriend ................. but someone running away with info of the location of the time capsule ???

I'm pretty sure Singapore has seen some major infrastructure changes in 37 years. Filing system changes, digitization of records, stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the records of a briefcase size object got lost along the way. People have more important records to pay attention to like the location of underground gas and electrical pipes

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    I'm pretty sure Singapore has seen some major infrastructure changes in 37 years. Filing system changes, digitization of records, stuff like that. I wouldn't be surprised if the records of a briefcase size object got lost along the way. People have more important records to pay attention to like the location of underground gas and electrical pipes
    This is the biggest crock I heard in the ever irrational defence of any criticism about Singapore. Singapore is a country that is totally preoccupied in keeping records of everything.

Admit it, someone screw up big time!

Is the time capsule an important thing. Well, if you look at the emphasis only on things related to economy and security, probably not. But this is a record of Singpaore's heritage that is meant for future generations, maybe hundereds or even thousands of years from now. I think it is extremely important.

Two blasphemous events took place. First, openning the time capsule merely 37 years later when most of the people related to the original burial was still alive is defeating the purpose of the time capsule completely. Second. not knowing where it is is unforgivable. That is unless the original plan was to loose it so that some moron bureaucrat cannot dig it up in 37 years.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

This is the biggest crock I heard in the ever irrational defence of any criticism about Singapore. Singapore is a country that is totally preoccupied in keeping records of everything.

Is the time capsule an important thing. Well, if you look at the emphasis only on things related to economy and security, probably not. But this is a record of Singpaore's heritage that is meant for future generations, maybe hundereds or even thousands of years from now. I think it is extremely important.

Two blasphemous events took place. First, openning the time capsule merely 37 years later when most of the people related to the original burial was still alive is defeating the purpose of the time capsule completely. Second. not knowing where it is is unforgivable. That is unless the original plan was to loose it so that some moron bureaucrat cannot dig it up in 37 years.
    This one is good man.

Cool down lar DP

Well, there's another time capsule buried under the old Supreme Court in 1937, set to be opened in 3000. Hope they don't srew up THIS one, considering the courthouse will be turned into an art museum and the building is not protected entirely, despite being a National Monument.

"The old Supreme Court Building
    The old Supreme Court building was built between 1937 and 1939 on the site of the former Grand Hotel de L'Europe. The Chief Architect of the Public Works Department, Frank Dorrington Ward, came up with no fewer than eight variations on the design of the old Supreme Court building. This building was Ward's last and greatest work, and was acknowledged by many as his most significant creation.

The old Supreme Court building was declared open by Sir Thomas Shenton Whitelegge Thomas, Governor of the Straits Settlements, and handed over to the then Chief Justice, Sir Percy McElwaine, on 3 August 1939. The foundation stone of the Supreme Court building was laid by Sir Shenton Thomas on 1 April 1937, and was, at that time, the biggest foundation stone in the whole of Malaya. A "time capsule" containing six Singapore newspapers dated 31 March 1937, as well as a handful of Straits Settlements coins, was buried beneath the foundation stone. The time capsule is slated to be retrieved in the year 3000."

http://app.supremecourt.gov.sg/default.aspx?pgID=39#C4

Put it this way, the way to make sure u dont lose it is to build the building first. Then u bury the time capsule in a prominent place and put a engraving over the coverstone.....

U put it in and then built the building over it...... ?? asking for it...

mm... I remember when I was in Rosyth primary school like 20 years back we did a time capsule. wonder what happened to our time capsule. Anyone know about this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast