Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

Default National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

In TODAY's frontpage news. If only back then, with CSers covering practically any and every event, I'm sure the location of the Time Capsule would be found in no time.

Heres the link
    Last edited by Jer; 26th June 2007 at 09:55 AM.
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

Default Re: National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

..yet another splendid/brilliant case of cover up by the big bro...well done..
    Last edited by eow; 26th June 2007 at 10:39 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    ..yet another case of c3ck up by the qov...
    you are not scared of big brother?
    Last edited by deckard; 26th June 2007 at 10:07 AM.

Suitcase? Hmm.... Wun a metal detector do the trick?

i wonder what else we cannot find..

I'm sure if they are going to bury a new one for the sports hub, the loc will be mark by CSers with GPS co-ordinates.
    Jerfotography Nikon D300

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    you are not scared of big brother?
    hey bro i redited my text liao le...help me to re-edit the quote in yr text too

Arrow Re: National Stadium Time Capsule Lost

More taxpayer money to find a time capsule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    In TODAY's frontpage news. If only back then, with CSers covering practically any and every event, I'm sure the location of the Time Capsule would be found in no time.

Heres the link
    I hope they find it. But then, openning a time capsule after 37 years is really defeating the purpose. Time capsule is a way we preserve our time for future generations. Are we defining future as a measly 37 years?

It is a shame if they cannot find the capsule. It is equally shameful to think 37 years equates history. Aren't we short changing ourselves?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I hope they find it. But then, openning a time capsule after 37 years is really defeating the purpose. Time capsule is a way we preserve our time for future generations. Are we defining future as a measly 37 years?

It is a shame if they cannot find the capsule. It is equally shameful to think 37 years equates history. Aren't we short changing ourselves?
    the property and estate management is going to have a tough time...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    the property and estate management is going to have a tough time...
    Well, if I were the management company, I will simply shrug my shoulder and smile.

At the end of the day, it seemed no one knows where the time capsule is burried in the first place. Then one might ask, was the time capsule actually burried in the area at all. We will never know.

I am surprise that at the time of the burial, no one recorded the location of the site. Even back then without GPS and such, it is not rocket science to pin point a location. That is oversight number one. And maybe the only oversight.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Er.. we haven't exactly existed as a sovereign state for too long yknow

This piece of news even got pick up by wired news - Reuters
    Jerfotography Nikon D300

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Er.. we haven't exactly existed as a sovereign state for too long yknow
    True, but a thousand year old enpire still must start somewhere.

What is the meaning to open up a time capsule when some if not most of the stuff you retrieved is still possibly available and in circulation? It really defeat the purpose, isn't it.

A time capsule is what we as a generation wants the future generation to find out about us. Damn, most of the people at that burial are still alive!!!!!!!!

Another 50 years, maybe, it's meaningful. Another 500 years, it will be wonderful.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Good Grief...42yr of history and we unable to locate a suitcase that is buried right under our nose ....
    My advice for those going to the Ndp this yr...remember to buy a float for yrself and for yr famillies/love one...u been warned

world first
    Last edited by eow; 26th June 2007 at 11:56 AM.

i love the cross-reference at the end of the article: "simply world-class"

World class SNAFU for all I can say. Maybe, at the time of the burial, someone, and historian, had the foresight that some bureaucrats in the very very near future, say 37 years time, will want to dig the time capsule out for a publicity stunt.

To preserve the spirit of the time capsule, to show future generations, meaning a time after the people of this generation had all passed away, what is life in Singapore back in the 1970s, the time capsule was relocated secretely to another burial site?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    ..yet another splendid/brilliant case of cover up by the big bro...well done..

Well this one got covered up so well that no one can find it

Actually, I'm surprise that they even inform the press that they lost it in the first place normally I guess they will try all means to "cover up" the boo boo
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

World class SNAFU for all I can say. Maybe, at the time of the burial, someone, and historian, had the foresight that some bureaucrats in the very very near future, say 37 years time, will want to dig the time capsule out for a publicity stunt.

To preserve the spirit of the time capsule, to show future generations, meaning a time after the people of this generation had all passed away, what is life in Singapore back in the 1970s, the time capsule was relocated secretely to another burial site?
    Bro, you've been reading too much spy novel lar
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Bro, you've been reading too much spy novel lar
    well, we need to hire Robert Langdon to solve the mystery ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast