Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112
Results 221 to 240 of 240

Thread: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

  1. #221

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    I have only hit 300 photos for one inter-school basketball match. And all in JPEG. If you ask me to do RAW.... I think I faint... (Or maybe my laptop is just plain slow. I'm still using windows because I don't have the $$$ to buy macintosh)

  2. #222
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post
    I have only hit 300 photos for one inter-school basketball match. And all in JPEG. If you ask me to do RAW.... I think I faint... (Or maybe my laptop is just plain slow. I'm still using windows because I don't have the $$$ to buy macintosh)
    I shot about 600+ shots for last years Nikon Big Walk... so why not??

    And btw, a laptop is NOT meant for high amounts of processing work. I use Windows too.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #223

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    I gaze at my crystal ball and see a 1D Mk III in your future.
    I tink you left out an "s".
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #224

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    I shot about 600+ shots for last years Nikon Big Walk... so why not??

    And btw, a laptop is NOT meant for high amounts of processing work. I use Windows too.
    I'm not as rich as you my friend.. My laptop IS my desktop.

  5. #225
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I tink you left out an "s".
    behind the "D" or behind the "III" ?

  6. #226

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by chanjyj View Post
    I have only hit 300 photos for one inter-school basketball match. And all in JPEG. If you ask me to do RAW.... I think I faint... (Or maybe my laptop is just plain slow. I'm still using windows because I don't have the $$$ to buy macintosh)
    i also using laptop...no money buy desktop...1000+ Raw alright la...in laptop still smooth enough...but when got many many layers involved...the file can reach 500mb each...but laptop still runs smooth...must be your laptop got too many unwanted software inside..

  7. #227
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Well, a desktop saves more money in the long run. After-all, you can upgrade it and keep it alive and running longer.

    Laptops go obsolete so fast...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  8. #228

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well, a desktop saves more money in the long run. After-all, you can upgrade it and keep it alive and running longer.

    Laptops go obsolete so fast...
    not everyone can afford a desktop...

  9. #229

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    not everyone can afford a desktop...
    And also, I need to carry around my "desktop". Different needs for everyone.

  10. #230
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest2 View Post
    not everyone can afford a desktop...
    Isn't a laptop even more expensive??
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  11. #231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Isn't a laptop even more expensive??
    That was what I was thinking. A desktop is much cheaper, just that you can't carry it around.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  12. #232

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    That was what I was thinking. A desktop is much cheaper, just that you can't carry it around.
    I need to carry around my "dsktop", so I have to comprimse with les processing power. And I cannot afford both a laptop and a desktop.

  13. #233

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    behind the "D" or behind the "III" ?
    Either way is wrong. 1DMkIII does not have a 's' after the D. And if the 's' is after the III, there should not be an 'a' in front. Maybe a future FF model would have the 's' there.

  14. #234

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    behind the "D" or behind the "III" ?
    behind the "D".
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #235
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    This thread is so long and has become like a chit chat...

  16. #236

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    This thread is so long and has become like a chit chat...
    It always happen with Jeanie's threads.

  17. #237

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    It always happen with Jeanie's threads.
    that's why i always have to stress NOT to OT.

    actually thread starters should be given rights to delete msgs in the thread they created.

  18. #238
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,191

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    that's why i always have to stress NOT to OT.

    actually thread starters should be given rights to delete msgs in the thread they created.
    Get yourself to become a super-user loh

  19. #239
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kembangan
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    I suggest close this thread and start a new one. It is very hard to read.

  20. #240

    Default Re: Shooting mode for weddings actual day

    Quote Originally Posted by JillValentine View Post
    I suggest close this thread and start a new one. It is very hard to read.
    ok.anyway i found my answers already.

    thanks to all who contributed.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 27101112

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •