Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Should I get a Mac?

Default Re: Should I get a Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by GanS_n_PoserS View Post
    mac or pc? let southpark tell ya.. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kG...elated&search=
    Wahaha...........that's a good one..........especially when the PC starts to cough...

Buy a PC and install Linux lah

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    MAC has built in anti-virus, firewall?
    Apple OS X has built in firewall. As for Anti-virus, which PC has built in anti-virus? Both also must buy. But OS X gives an extra layer of security wher ANY application to be installed required password - something I believe VISTA is finaly trying to address

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    the "I'm a PC / I'm a Mac" ads, although a bit yaya-ish, ultimately the aim is to bring across the differences between the two platforms in layman terms. (come on, we all know they are talking about Windows PCs Vs Mac OS PCs)

look. put a 2 months old Wintel PC and a 2 months old Intel Mac (similar spec) side by side. start timing the moment both starts up and run a set of pre-determined tasks. no prizes for guessing who gets to put his legs up and wait for the other to finish.
    Here's a tip. highlight a phrase from a document. Click, hold down and drag it into the OS X dock over the firefox or safari icon. Watch what happens.

Sorry i OT a bit here.

what is the equiv of MS Outlook? i want to read my outlook data using mac, any apps to recommend?

also what software can i buy to archive my DVDs? my children use them to mop the floor so i want to back up.

TIA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    Sorry i OT a bit here.

what is the equiv of MS Outlook? i want to read my outlook data using mac, any apps to recommend?

also what software can i buy to archive my DVDs? my children use them to mop the floor so i want to back up.

TIA
    MS Entourage (comes with MS office)

Backup DVD (without copy protection) = Roxio Toast

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    MS Entourage (comes with MS office)

Backup DVD (without copy protection) = Roxio Toast
    Thx. all along i thot Entourage is a project management thingy, will try that tonite.

my DVDs r commercial block busters, so copy protection is embedded. So anything to backup protected discs?

Thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper View Post
    Thx. all along i thot Entourage is a project management thingy, will try that tonite.

my DVDs r commercial block busters, so copy protection is embedded. So anything to backup protected discs?

Thx again.
    Ehem...M*cTheR*pp*r
    Last edited by kniveswood; 25th July 2007 at 01:33 PM.
    Videographer @ A Merry Moment

tried the entourage, didn't work. must setup email acct in order to view things & my data was from co. so can't possibly setup an office email acct at home right? how can i read the data w/o setting up acct?

it works ok with windows outlook, i dun need to set email to see the contents. any tips?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678