Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Wat is the reflective blue light?

  1. #1
    Member nivlaOof's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    little.RED.dot
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Wat is the reflective blue light?

    Hi can anyone tell me wat is the blue light... its seem to be some reflective light....
    im using a 50mm f1.4 without flash... it seem to appear at some of the photos i taken that day.. izit due to the lighting?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Wat is the reflective blue light?

    looks like flare from the ceiling light. remove the filter or use one with better coating.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wat is the reflective blue light?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    looks like flare from the ceiling light. remove the filter or use one with better coating.
    i second this. lens flare/ghosting

  4. #4
    Member nivlaOof's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    little.RED.dot
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Wat is the reflective blue light?

    Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    i second this. lens flare/ghosting
    Oh.. im using hoya UV filter... do u mean i wont be having this problem if i remove this filter?... wat do u meant by coating?? is there others coating for filter.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore - the little red dot
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Wat is the reflective blue light?

    You just got a treasure that can add in "special effect" at the right location ..... For a moment, I thought it was delibrate ....

  6. #6
    Member nivlaOof's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    little.RED.dot
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Wat is the reflective blue light?

    Quote Originally Posted by Triodeman View Post
    You just got a treasure that can add in "special effect" at the right location ..... For a moment, I thought it was delibrate ....
    ??... u mean some ppl do this delibrately??.. cool any example ?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Wat is the reflective blue light?

    Quote Originally Posted by nivlaOof View Post
    Oh.. im using hoya UV filter... do u mean i wont be having this problem if i remove this filter?... wat do u meant by coating?? is there others coating for filter.
    You will reduce the chance of ghosting if you remove the filter.

    Coating refers to the anti-reflection multi-coating on the filter.

    BC

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •