Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going to shenzhen to work.WOOHUU!!

Default Re: going to shenzhen to work.WOOHUU!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    To what extent do you trust a travel guide book?
    errr......not really trust that's why i post here. But in the first page of the lonely planet travel guide book, they have a small paragraph saying that lonely planet authors personally tried out the services, food, accommodation and took no cash or other forms of gifts to get the co. to be recommended in the guide book. The authors provide unbias views... that's what is written in the first page.

No. 42? which lorong?

hi damienster,

Time to KTV and 沐足 liao!!!!!!If you are more adventurous, try the Sauna (桑拿). There you will find terms like 波推, 半条龙, 一条龙. I've heard of a term called 烧冷五冲天 and the description is pretty interesting!

I would advise against bringing out your DSLR until you are very familiar with the place. There are just too many people there, do take note of people around you, especially when you are at 老街 or 罗湖. There are those that hang around you touting their products stored in their warehouse, but there are others that just follows you around.

华强北 good for getting electronics, computer stuff on the cheap!

Once you are quite familiar with the place, you can try exploring 东莞, 长安, 后街 and 广州。

Quote Originally Posted by Noakram View Post
    I would advise against bringing out your DSLR until you are very familiar with the place. There are just too many people there, do take note of people around you, especially when you are at 老街 or 罗湖. There are those that hang around you touting their products stored in their warehouse, but there are others that just follows you around.

华强北 good for getting electronics, computer stuff on the cheap!

Once you are quite familiar with the place, you can try exploring 东莞, 长安, 后街 and 广州。
    Hrm, didn't really have much trouble with any pickpocketing or camera-grabbing incidents while I was there a few weeks back; but yes, was told to keep alert for such incidents, at the Lao Jie/Luo Hu area.

Hua Qiang Lu is damn messy la, just a lot of buildings with a lot of electronics, from wires and LEDs to cameras/MP3 players etc.

Shopping is probably the best at Lao Jie/Luo Hu.

And I didn't find the girls there pretty lor. Hong Kong and Macau better la!

Quote Originally Posted by damienster View Post
    Has anyone tried a facial at Luohu commercial city at level4 "Jian Fu Mei Beauty"? Is it good for sensitive skin with acne? It's recommended by lonely planet that they offer excellent facial. As u noe china QC isn't great, just wondering shd i try.
    haha .... you one lucky b^*&()#*$*.....
    Every corners of sexzhen, you can get facial, why bother to climb up to Level 4......
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    No. 42? which lorong?
    ask Bro SION ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Noakram View Post
    hi damienster,

Time to KTV and ?? liao??????If you are more adventurous, try the Sauna (??). There you will find terms like ??, ???, ???. I've heard of a term called ????? and the description is pretty interesting!

I would advise against bringing out your DSLR until you are very familiar with the place. There are just too many people there, do take note of people around you, especially when you are at ?? or ??. There are those that hang around you touting their products stored in their warehouse, but there are others that just follows you around.

??? good for getting electronics, computer stuff on the cheap!

Once you are quite familiar with the place, you can try exploring ??? ??? ?? and ???
    hey thanks for the tip!! Greatly appreciated. So i guess sion will not noe if i'm dead or alive cos i will not be posting pics here as i not not bring my dslr.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha .... you one lucky b^*&()#*$*.....
    Every corners of sexzhen, you can get facial, why bother to climb up to Level 4......
    So how's the 7% GST hike?? Painful?? Keep me update cos i'll not be feeling the pinch soon.

Ai ya...my face leh... the ah po at road side using thread also call facial, the bigger bros like facial spa, massage and treatment in the shopping mall also call facial... the pluck eye brown 1 roaming abt orchard somehow also call facial mah. Need to know if got gd QC mah.

lowu area totally sucked for me. better is the dongmen pedestrian street area. you've got retail outlets, smalltime boutiques, department stores, national chains and what have you.
    i heard it's dangerous too but seemed fine to me when i was there. no one attempted to take my cam. =)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    And I didn't find the girls there pretty lor. Hong Kong and Macau better la!
    Maybe all the pretty gals in ShenZhen go hiding under the beds after hearing your arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe all the pretty gals in ShenZhen go hiding under the beds after hearing your arrival.

Or maybe they went to Hong Kong and Macau to await my arrival! <3

Has anyone tried a facial at Luohu commercial city at level4 "Jian Fu Mei Beauty"?
    Louhu commercial city is for people who never being to Shenzhen and too scare to walk the real shenzhen.

If you are in HK and just wanna get a quick taste of shenzhen, you can go to Louhu. Else, it's a "lucky Plaza" of Shenzhen to con stupid tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    lowu area totally sucked for me. better is the dongmen pedestrian street area. you've got retail outlets, smalltime boutiques, department stores, national chains and what have you.
    i heard it's dangerous too but seemed fine to me when i was there. no one attempted to take my cam. =)
    Yes, the steamboat buffet at dongmen is good and cheap. There are decent 沐足 that are dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMocha View Post
    Louhu commercial city is for people who never being to Shenzhen and too scare to walk the real shenzhen.

If you are in HK and just wanna get a quick taste of shenzhen, you can go to Louhu. Else, it's a "lucky Plaza" of Shenzhen to con stupid tourists.
    agreed! lowu (official translated spelling) is just to con HK tourists because of the slightly cheaper price. you havent seen shenzhen if you only went to lowu!

Hi just to update you...

my life in shenzhen is wonderful so far... at least before starting work officially. Really forget that i'm in shenzhen to work. I feel like i'm on a SZ backpacking trip.

The interior is like a top-end backpacking style accomodation!!!! I expect something less. Eg, No fridge, no air-con, dusty rooms where no one occupies for a long time, no tv, personal cupboard, drawer..etc. However, ALL are provided!!!!!!!!

However, the place where i'm staying, there's actually an auntie who comes to clean my place almost everyday. Toilet rolls will be replenished, toilet will be cleaned, clothes will be washed and ironed within 48hrs, office-like mineral water dispensing machine is provided, sofa, dining table and more. It's just like a typical 2-3rooms Singapore style HDB!! There's even a FREE phone line to call home. What's more can I ask for?? A swimming pool? =) Maybe I should request..and perhaps a BBQ pit =p

Then not far away from the place I stay there's a clubhouse provided by the company. There's free internet connection, massage chairs, karaoke room, mini gym, suana, steam bath, cafe and those country-style shower area with clean towers.

As for food.... it's diry cheap!! Imaging eating a Crystal Jade Restuarant in Singapore. A bowl of la mien cost S$8 exclude tax. Here is SZ, it cost only S$3 for a similiar CJR style!! A small pack of milk costS$0.50!! Tell me how to spend finish!!??

Today is my 2nd day of my work. There's really lots of room for personal growth and development. My immediate sup kept telling me that no matter what I do or how I do it, as long as I produce results, that's it! No questions ask. I don't have to follow the rules or "just follow law" to get the job done. He told me that nobody will micro-manage me as long as produce results. My luch time is 1hr 50min!!!! It was a culture shock for me to see people take out their pillow and put their heads on the table not to rest but to SLEEP!! Even the boss does that!!

Oh ya, I also read from the Internet that the transport in Sinagpore is rising again in October. So thinking of escaping to other foreign country like me?
    Last edited by damienster; 2nd August 2007 at 09:32 PM.

Hi just to update you...

my life in shenzhen is wonderful so far... at least before starting work officially. Really forget that i'm in shenzhen to work. I feel like i'm on a SZ backpacking trip.

The interior is like a top-end backpacking style accomodation!!!! I expect something less. Eg, No fridge, no air-con, dusty rooms where no one occupies for a long time, no tv, personal cupboard, drawer..etc. However, ALL are provided!!!!!!!!

However, the place where i'm staying, there's actually an auntie who comes to clean my place almost everyday. Toilet rolls will be replenished, toilet will be cleaned, clothes will be washed and ironed within 48hrs, office-like mineral water dispensing machine is provided, sofa, dining table and more. It's just like a typical 2-3rooms Singapore style HDB!! There's even a FREE phone line to call home. What's more can I ask for?? A swimming pool? =) Maybe I should request..and perhaps a BBQ pit =p

Then not far away from the place I stay there's a clubhouse provided by the company. There's free internet connection, massage chairs, karaoke room, mini gym, suana, steam bath, cafe and those country-style shower area with clean towers.

As for food.... it's diry cheap!! Imaging eating a Crystal Jade Restuarant in Singapore. A bowl of la mien cost S$8 exclude tax. Here is SZ, it cost only S$3 for a similiar CJR style!! A small pack of milk costS$0.50!! Tell me how to spend finish!!??

Today is my 2nd day of my work. There's really lots of room for personal growth and development. My immediate sup kept telling me that no matter what I do or how I do it, as long as I produce results, that's it! No questions ask. I don't have to follow the rules or "just follow law" to get the job done. He told me that nobody will micro-manage me as long as produce results. My luch time is 1hr 50min!!!! It was a culture shock for me to see people take out their pillow and put their heads on the table not to rest but to SLEEP!! Even the boss does that!!

Oh ya, I also read from the Internet that the transport in Sinagpore is rising again in October. So thinking of escaping to other foreign country like me?
    u lucky devil
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Enjoy! Maybe I will drop by and visit you when I'm there!

Hi just to update you...

their economy is doing very well.

Then not far away from the place I stay there's a clubhouse provided by the company. There's free internet connection, massage chairs......
    Can ask for massage girls instead of massage chairs or not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12