Thread: Photoshop CS3 and Elements 5.0

Default Photoshop CS3 and Elements 5.0

I received a copy of Photoshop Elements 5.0 as a gift and wanted to learn how to use it.
    I prefer live instruction to reading a book. I came across this video instruction series teaching CS3 but can't find one for Elements. Are they similar enough for me to try this one? Its on sale at those mini book fair for $19.90 by Cylon.
    What are the main differences between CS and elements (apart from the fact CD has more tools and is "more" advanced".)

Default Re: Photoshop CS3 and Elements 5.0

Hi there, I've gotten interested too, and I've googled up some articles that might be helpful.

Web Article

I'd like to see Elements as a condensed version of Photoshop.

Well, the interfaces of both programs shouldn't differ too much - especially if the two programs are from the same publisher.

Actually, you can try out the software for 30 days - at the same time, use the trial period to run the tutorials and familiarize yourself with the differences between the two programs while you still have access to them both, so it makes migration of your skills easier.

Here's the link to the try out:

Side thought:
    I'm primarily using Photoshop (from ver. 5.5 onwards now using Photoshop CS.)
    you should be able to fulfill your imaging needs with Photoshop Elements without spending the extra money...
    Last edited by boombox; 26th June 2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Added a link for the Tryout version of Adobe Photoshop