Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Who's James Mcnally?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Who's James Mcnally?

    Just like fotoudavid, I got this warning email from James Mcnally. This email was sent to both of us through our studio's email account.

    Name: James Mcnally

    Contact: +447332909080

    Email: James_Mlly@gmail.com

    Subject: I see what you do

    Message: ..try to cover yout tracks better , spend more time improving
    your photo , not stir **** in forums

    the email sent to fotoudavid can be found here:

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=290542

    Is this considered cyber harassment?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    it sure is.


    u shud consider ur options along with fotoudavid and think of reporting it to the police and file a private civil suit.


    the bad thing is that he might have ur home addy!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    it sure is.


    u shud consider ur options along with fotoudavid and think of reporting it to the police and file a private civil suit.


    the bad thing is that he might have ur home addy!
    Let's see if he does anything else funny first.

    I don't think he'll have our home add. but I'm sure he'll have our studio's add. in which case, if anything should happen to our studio, he's the first person the police will have as a suspect
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Let's see if he does anything else funny first.

    I don't think he'll have our home add. but I'm sure he'll have our studio's add. in which case, if anything should happen to our studio, he's the first person the police will have as a suspect
    yes, maybe u should wait for more legal advices from CSers who practise law.


    otherwise, u can always file a complaint first with the police.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    thought this was solved here already?
    just got this mail.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Doesn't seem local. Look at the tel. no.

    Then again..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    thought this was solved here already?
    just got this mail.
    I won't say it was solved.

    To sent 1 emai to one of us is one thing, but to sent to 2 different person is another. If I don't post this here, no one will know that this person IS senting emails to more than 1 of us. He seems to be tracking us and I won't be surprise if he's tracking more than just the 2 of us.

    I'm keeping this thread alive and not locking it just in case others here have also recived emails or PM from this person. This will allow the everyone here know the extent of what this person is doing.

    But if the Mods and Admins feel that this thread should be locked, I'll respect their decision.

    Cheers.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Doesn't seem local. Look at the tel. no.

    Then again..
    I belive the name, email add and phone no is a fake. Doubt that he's so daring
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    I won't say it was solved.

    To sent 1 emai to one of us is one thing, but to sent to 2 different person is another. If I don't post this here, no one will know that this person IS senting emails to more than 1 of us. He seems to be tracking us and I won't be surprise if he's tracking more than just the 2 of us.

    I'm keeping this thread alive and not locking it just in case others here have also recived emails or PM from this person. This will allow the everyone here know the extent of what this person is doing.

    But if the Mods and Admins feel that this thread should be locked, I'll respect their decision.

    Cheers.
    as Jason mentioned, he won't be surprised if that fella did indeed sent out more of such PMs or emails to more parties directly or indirectly involved in the fiasco.

    perhaps u guys should come together and consider ur legal options.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    yes, maybe u should wait for more legal advices from CSers who practise law.


    otherwise, u can always file a complaint first with the police.
    Now where are our " law inclined CSers " when we need one?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Now where are our " law inclined CSers " when we need one?
    stick around, those familiar with local laws will come to ur aid.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    as Jason mentioned, he won't be surprised if that fella did indeed sent out more of such PMs or emails to more parties directly or indirectly involved in the fiasco.

    perhaps u guys should come together and consider ur legal options.
    That is one of the reasons why I hope this thread can be kept opened, to see if anyone else have recived anything from him.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  13. #13

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    These things happen in cyberspace alot. If you file police report, file suit, do this do that, how much time and energy are you will to allocate?

    You have to ask yourself, did this do you any harm? If not, I will just move on. However, I will be a bit more diligent going forward to make sure this person is not stalking me.

    If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    stick around, those familiar with local laws will come to ur aid.
    Hopefully so
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  15. #15
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    These things happen in cyberspace alot. If you file police report, file suit, do this do that, how much time and energy are you will to allocate?

    You have to ask yourself, did this do you any harm? If not, I will just move on. However, I will be a bit more diligent going forward to make sure this person is not stalking me.

    If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.
    u've too many many many after u.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.
    We would have thought you already employed a full-time bodyguard and a personal lawyer.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    stick around, those familiar with local laws will come to ur aid.
    Someone is also giving free legal advice service here?

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    These things happen in cyberspace alot. If you file police report, file suit, do this do that, how much time and energy are you will to allocate?

    You have to ask yourself, did this do you any harm? If not, I will just move on. However, I will be a bit more diligent going forward to make sure this person is not stalking me.

    If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.
    Yes, another good advice: watch your back when you go home at night! and don't sleep in your studio!

    HS

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    These things happen in cyberspace alot. If you file police report, file suit, do this do that, how much time and energy are you will to allocate?

    You have to ask yourself, did this do you any harm? If not, I will just move on. However, I will be a bit more diligent going forward to make sure this person is not stalking me.

    If I follow up on every nasty emails and message I get, I need to hire a secretary just to keep track.
    DP thanks for your concern and appericate your advise. That's why I'm waiting to see if he does anything else and also to see if anyone else got " contacted " by him.

    Stalking? Go ahead, this is Singapore and not some 3rd world country. Anyway this issue have now been make known to many people here as well as outside of CS. I doubt he'll do anything else. He can be tracked by his ISP through the emails he sent us as well as through CS as mentioned by Jason.

    Cheers guys.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Who's James Mcnally?

    Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    Yes, another good advice: watch your back when you go home at night! and don't sleep in your studio!

    HS
    Thanks HS but as I've said, this is Singapore. Should anything happento me, my family or my studio, he's the first suspect I'll inform the police about. Even if he " bumb me off ", this have been make known to others outside of CS.

    BTW, I don't spend the night in the studio but thanks for the advise
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •