Thread: Eneloop & other brands

Default Eneloop & other brands

Got a new set of eneloop AA batteries with 10hrs charger (230v). Currently I use Panasonic Ni-MH 2400 for my SB600 flash. In fact that the Panasonic charger is Quick Charger and also dual voltage.

Has anyone tried to charge eneloop with other brand charger? As long as the same use for Nickel Metal Hydrate batteries, will it be no problem to charge the eneloop on panasonic charger? please help.

Default Re: Eneloop & other brands

Yes, you can use the Panasonic charger for the eneloop batteries. I don't have a Panasonic charger myself but I've used a few other brands of chargers to charge my eneloop and Powerex batteries. No problems.

thanks, kietgnoel.

Quote Originally Posted by legoman View Post
    Got a new set of eneloop AA batteries with 10hrs charger (230v). Currently I use Panasonic Ni-MH 2400 for my SB600 flash. In fact that the Panasonic charger is Quick Charger and also dual voltage.

Has anyone tried to charge eneloop with other brand charger? As long as the same use for Nickel Metal Hydrate batteries, will it be no problem to charge the eneloop on panasonic charger? please help.
    I wanted to buy Eneloop but could not find in HN, then I saw GP also has a similar product called ReCyko+ or something like that, so I just bought a set. The instructions claim that the batteries can be charged using the PowerBank charger also. So I guess any NiMH charger will do fine. I haven't tested though.. I hope it can retain the charge well. I'm really sick of the self-discharge of the higher capacity NiMH cells.

I also have the 10 hour charger, and 3 sets of 4xAA eneloops. I marked them as sets A, B, C

With two of the sets, they don;t seem to be able tototally charge. they will sit in the charger for a whole dy, and yet te charging light still stays on. And the charger will be very hot.

Any idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by tsjcsl View Post
    I also have the 10 hour charger, and 3 sets of 4xAA eneloops. I marked them as sets A, B, C

With two of the sets, they don;t seem to be able tototally charge. they will sit in the charger for a whole dy, and yet te charging light still stays on. And the charger will be very hot.

Any idea why?
    I encountered dis prob tat time as well.
    If I m nt wrong, prb sld lies in yr charger n nt yr batts, cos I hav nt been facing dis kinda problem even since i changed a charger

Quote Originally Posted by cjyong View Post
    I encountered dis prob tat time as well.
    If I m nt wrong, prb sld lies in yr charger n nt yr batts, cos I hav nt been facing dis kinda problem even since i changed a charger
    Most chargers monitors voltage fluctuations on the battery during charging, advanced chargers monitors the amount of charge going into your battery as well. When a piece of NiMH battery is nearing complete charge, the voltage stops climbing and dips slightly. Chargers detect this characteristic and goes into trickle charge mode (charging the battery with very low current). This is to ensure that the battery charge is at peak when being removed. Some chargers maintains charge (trickle charge) at slightly higher current, which may cause the battery to heat up. Fast chargers does batteries no harm, its not the high current charging that kills a battery, its the heat generated that destroys the battery. And one thing, NiMH batteries likes to be cycled, as in fully discharged and recharged. They pack full of punch when taken care of correctly

Personally I like the Sanyo 2700mAh (typically above 2500mAh) cells using the Sanyo charger that comes with it. Used my Orbit charger to cycle it once in a while to keep it in good condition. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Override2Zion; 4th July 2007 at 07:24 PM.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Seems that the reviews for eneloop quite good. Can anybody recommend a place to buy the charger and the batts at a good price? What's the pricing like btw? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    Seems that the reviews for eneloop quite good. Can anybody recommend a place to buy the charger and the batts at a good price? What's the pricing like btw? Thanks.
    Go to www.onlineshop.com.sg Best price I can find so far.

Bro, DIY shops sell 4AAA or 4AA at nearly $26. Onlineshop sells it at $17.50 with free delivery for purchases above $30. Think the choice is clear.

Am already using 4AA Eneloops with my flash, but bought from DIY shop. Quite good so far, and I've not even charged them yet. Straight from the shop packaging! But I think the refresh rate is just a tad slower than the Sony 2100. Or maybe I'm just seeing things.

Wonder if the GP Recyko+ are just as good? Newer player in the market.

bought a set of Eneloops from HK with help from a friend and using the MAHA 1 hour charger and/or the GP 15 mins charger. Really lasts ...

Felixcat: Are the Eneloops cheaper in HK? How much did you pay for them? Where to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by blueayz View Post
    Bro, DIY shops sell 4AAA or 4AA at nearly $26. Onlineshop sells it at $17.50 with free delivery for purchases above $30. Think the choice is clear.

Am already using 4AA Eneloops with my flash, but bought from DIY shop. Quite good so far, and I've not even charged them yet. Straight from the shop packaging! But I think the refresh rate is just a tad slower than the Sony 2100. Or maybe I'm just seeing things.

Wonder if the GP Recyko+ are just as good? Newer player in the market.
    Thanks bro blueayz and tony.

* sorry to ride on your thread again, legoman.

Btw, anyone tried this 15mins charger from Sanyo before? Damn, just 15mins to charge.
    I like that alot!

http://www.onlineshop.com.sg/index.p...roducts_id=439

Quote Originally Posted by swiftdragon View Post
    Felixcat: Are the Eneloops cheaper in HK? How much did you pay for them? Where to get them?
    $18 for 4 pcs. Where? Sorry dunno as my friend got them.

* sorry to ride on your thread again, legoman.

Btw, anyone tried this 15mins charger from Sanyo before? Damn, just 15mins to charge.
    I like that alot!

http://www.onlineshop.com.sg/index.p...roducts_id=439
    GP and Eveready Energizer also have 15 mins charger.