Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learning How Much To Charge

Default Re: Learning How Much To Charge

As a guide to what ckuang has said, here's a link to NPPA's cost of doing business calculator:

NPPA's cost of doing business calculator
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

Default Re: Learning How Much To Charge

Thanks for sharing ckuang.

Well... I might not venture into the photography business as afterall I'm a design/arts student. But nevertheless I'll keep that in mind as I think I can apply what was said to other businesses as well. I can see certain principles that can be used throughout.

As for now, maybe it's more realistic to look around at the freelance market before I eventually venture into a business myself.

bowwow, that's a nifty app there. Will keep it as reference.

Default What's the Market Rate?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know what the market rate is for events like weddings. And for you guys that have been shooting all these while, what are your charges like, excluding any cost but time. Hope to get some replies and advice from anyone experienced in this area.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What's the Market Rate?

Quote Originally Posted by allstar View Post
    Hi everyone! Does anyone know what the market rate is for events like weddings. And for you guys that have been shooting all these while, what are your charges like, excluding any cost but time. Hope to get some replies and advice from anyone experienced in this area.
    I am merging this thread with thread "Learning How Much to Start" and take it from there.

Default Re: What's the Market Rate?

Wow, this is really an informative thread indeed.

Regarding that opinion about setting your price too low, I think it is true that when you start off with a very low rate it can be quite hard to increase your rates. I guess it all boils down to your ability and your confidence in your work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12