Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 126

Thread: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

  1. #101

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Wow i'm back.. tonight smoke was really bad.. because there is no wind all to smoke are trap.. it was so bad tt the cbd area are filled with smoke.. As a first timer taking firwork the wait to take the first flare was really exciting... will upload photos later..

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by neverneverever View Post
    Wow i'm back.. tonight smoke was really bad.. because there is no wind all to smoke are trap.. it was so bad tt the cbd area are filled with smoke.. As a first timer taking firwork the wait to take the first flare was really exciting... will upload photos later..
    Yah the smoke was terrible. After taking 100+ shots, only a few can be used.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    actually i think otherwise... ytd i reach at 7+ with my friend and there still plenty of space at the esplanade bridge. but then, it was a friday.
    Today's case was different altogether. So i went to the open field in front of the NTUC centre and got a very gd position.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  4. #104
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    i find saturday fireworks is alot better then friday.

    better pattern (especially the colorful flower), very distint 3 level height. best of all timing of the fireworks is arrange such that there is for the smoke to be blown away (unfortunately the wind not strong last night).
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Ya, went there last night too as early as 5pm+ but already no more empty space at Esplanade side for a good position.

    The fire works are definitely much much better than NDP's one, think it should put our NDP fire work designer to shame for came out with such simple fireworks for NDP. But the smoke had really 'killed' many of the photos taken. Unfortunately, not many photos can be used. Will try to see if can do some post process work on those photos. May or may not eventually load any photos to share, depends on the result.

  6. #106
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Same problem with my pics for the friday fireworks.... 114+ shots.... less that 5 is of any use. I was late there, and have to shoot behind a tree...... damn branch blocking the view.... hahaha

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored Dad View Post
    Ya, went there last night too as early as 5pm+ but already no more empty space at Esplanade side for a good position.

    The fire works are definitely much much better than NDP's one, think it should put our NDP fire work designer to shame for came out with such simple fireworks for NDP. But the smoke had really 'killed' many of the photos taken. Unfortunately, not many photos can be used. Will try to see if can do some post process work on those photos. May or may not eventually load any photos to share, depends on the result.
    How can u compare NDP's fireworks with one which is from a specialised Team? It's like comparing Toyota to a Ferrari.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Same problem with my pics for the friday fireworks.... 114+ shots.... less that 5 is of any use. I was late there, and have to shoot behind a tree...... damn branch blocking the view.... hahaha
    It's due to the smoke. The moral of the story is to go earlier to get a gd place.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  9. #109

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    i went there at 8.40 last night, and i squeezed my way throughtout the crowd....
    quite happy with my results though only 10 or so came out nice out of the many hundreds i shot....

    --

  10. #110

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    the fireworks last night was a spectacle!
    not like NDP's :P, where only red fireworks dominated the skies...
    and there's one "heart shape" in the skies, right?
    --

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kovan
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Ytd fireworks the finale abit weak le O.o

    hahax, i was lucky to get a seat at the esplanade there, near the platform.
    got even luckier when the wind changed its course and blowed towards the CBD buildings.
    i looked like singapore was devasted by war after the show
    the buildings were clogged with smoke :P

  12. #112

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    yah, the finale sucks lol.
    --

  13. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosty View Post
    Ytd fireworks the finale abit weak le O.o

    hahax, i was lucky to get a seat at the esplanade there, near the platform.
    got even luckier when the wind changed its course and blowed towards the CBD buildings.
    i looked like singapore was devasted by war after the show
    the buildings were clogged with smoke :P
    Everywhere also got smoke. U can even smell them.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  14. #114

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Everywhere also got smoke. U can even smell them.
    haha..yeah yeah...smoke all around.

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by xxhellinvaderxx View Post
    haha..yeah yeah...smoke all around.
    This is not uncommon in such humid conditions here and condensation when the fireworks explode, causing a lot of smoke.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  16. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Kovan
    Posts
    213

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    I was looking through my photos.
    it turned at the beginning was more "grand" than the finale


  17. #117

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosty View Post
    I was looking through my photos.
    it turned at the beginning was more "grand" than the finale

    wow, this is nice...=)

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    This is not uncommon in such humid conditions here and condensation when the fireworks explode, causing a lot of smoke.
    Dun think its so much based on humidity and condensation lar...I think it depends more on the chemicals being used in the manufacture of the firework, the amt. of smoke generated also depends on weather conditions, pattern of firing, time between firing bursts etc.

  19. #119
    Senior Member DewaKarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Jurong east
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    heres mine just to share a few ..newbie in fireworks







    G-Collector

  20. #120

    Default Re: Singapore Fireworks Celebrations 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by DewaKarma View Post
    heres mine just to share a few ..newbie in fireworks







    haha..i like picture 3..hm..where do you station @ nice background you have.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •