Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhibition by Kelvin Lim (Photography, Digital Painting)

Default Re: Exhibition by Kelvin Lim (Photography, Digital Painting)

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin_lim View Post
    thanks for all your support!

unfortunately, I'll be cutting short my exhibition at the Royal Plaza. I've been told by the coordinators that it's a muslim hotel, and guests are offended by the exhibits. Last day will be tomorrow, Saturday 7 July, instead of 15 July.

But there is no nudity, only sexy poses & they are offended
    must show people wrapped up like a mummy
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post

But there is no nudity, only sexy poses & they are offended
    must show people wrapped up like a mummy
    hiya must be respectful of people's religious views. They find its too provcative just smile and nod lor...why cause misunderstanding and bad blood if you can help it?

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    hiya must be respectful of people's religious views. They find its too provcative just smile and nod lor...why cause misunderstanding and bad blood if you can help it?
    I'm not trying to cause any misunderstanding and bad blood, just feels that the authorities should view through the works of Kelvin first before even allowing him to showcase his works to the public.

If they feel that his work is too provocative or not suitable to showcase in their hotel, they could have turn him down straight away.

Allowing him to start his exhibition and later ask him to leave is not too professional IMHO.

his pics are realli nice
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

no bad blood la the liaison had seen my work before the exhibition and given the all ok sign. perhaps a few comments were passed during the exhibition and they just want to play safe. I wasn't asked to stop the exhibition, but was told to remove the exhibits, one by one... it's difficult for me, not sure which one they'll ask me to remove next. Must be difficult for them too. So I decided to stop early for everyone's sake.

the environment here in Singapore is still very conservative. but i believe things will only get better.

Thanks for all your kind comments, I'll fix a day very soon to share my knowledge with you guys.

Smile Re: Exhibition by Kelvin Lim (Photography, Digital Painting)

i believe the abovementioned hotel is one of a group of hotels owned by a royal family of an islamic country in asean.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 21st July 2007 at 08:33 PM.

yes, Brunei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12