Thread: Any O2 Flame user?

Default Any O2 Flame user?

just want to check if u have tried using the USB OTG,linked to ur cam/card reader n transfer the pics over to Flame?is it possible?if yes,how long did it take?much much batt was used?

Default Re: Any O2 Flame user?

no one @ all?

You post on wrong forum. Kopitiam may suit this thread.

Regards,
    Arto.

Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    no one @ all?
    O2 flame AFAIK not yet come to Singapore shore. VGA PDA phone I believe. Very good.

Regards,
    Arto.

I have been using it for more then a month now. A solid phone, but no software support to use it's power!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    I have been using it for more then a month now. A solid phone, but no software support to use it's power!
    Care to share the price? Thanks!

Regards,
    Arto.

It is at all handphone shop, $1499

after trying out life, flame's performance seems to be slow. it nothing more than other than the big vga screen pda.

Haha.. The GSM/3G antenna is designed in Singapore. The graphics engine is a nVidia GoForce 5500. The WLAN antenna is not that fantastic though.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 26th June 2007 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    You post on wrong forum. Kopitiam may suit this thread.

Regards,
    Arto.
    the reason y i posted here is bcos i dont see it as a PPC phone but also an alt form of storage device for the cam.

lightning,have u tried what i have suggested in my 1st post?thanks.

the reason y i posted here is bcos i dont see it as a PPC phone but also an alt form of storage device for the cam.

lightning,have u tried what i have suggested in my 1st post?thanks.
    How can it be an alternate storage device? It is not using harddisk so the solid state memory are only as big as the cards you're using for cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    How can it be an alternate storage device? It is not using harddisk so the solid state memory are only as big as the cards you're using for cameras.
    the phone itself has a 2GB storing space excluding the microSD.

Considering O2 flame size to get 2GB storing space, I prefer SD or CF which is bigger and smaller. Not to mention its power usage.

Regards,
    Arto.

4Gb CF and SDs are very common for digital cameras. What is 2Gb, minus off the space the programs you have in there take up? If you're thinking of an external storage device, it should be at least 30x the size of your cards, otherwise it doesn't make sense at all.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 27th June 2007 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Considering O2 flame size to get 2GB storing space, I prefer SD or CF which is bigger and smaller. Not to mention its power usage.

Regards,
    Arto.
    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    4Gb CF and SDs are very common for digital cameras. What is 2Gb, minus off the space the programs you have in there take up? If you're thinking of an external storage device, it should be at least 30x the size of your cards, otherwise it doesn't make sense at all.
    that tot did came to me but i dont like to carry a collection of cards n plus the fact that i only once managed to shoot up all 2 x 2 gig cards.

how many programs would one really installed into his/her PPC?the ones u really need?the rest of the unused storage is usually filled with mp3,yes?as for those OTG ext storage devices,i think it's an overkill.how many can raise up their hands n say they used all 4gig + 30x OTG?in an event?mayb if u shoot raw?even if u can,ur batts might b drained b4 the storage is filled up.(i might b wrong since i dont shoot raw.)

yup,Flame is also another power hungry device.i have a XDA IIs.cant really blame it as it has a 3.6" screen.

yup,Flame is also another power hungry device.i have a XDA IIs.cant really blame it as it has a 3.6" screen.
    So I am on my way to Eten x800 instead of O2 flame.

Regards,
    Arto.

that tot did came to me but i dont like to carry a collection of cards n plus the fact that i only once managed to shoot up all 2 x 2 gig cards.

how many programs would one really installed into his/her PPC?the ones u really need?the rest of the unused storage is usually filled with mp3,yes?as for those OTG ext storage devices,i think it's an overkill.how many can raise up their hands n say they used all 4gig + 30x OTG?in an event?mayb if u shoot raw?even if u can,ur batts might b drained b4 the storage is filled up.(i might b wrong since i dont shoot raw.)

The idea is not to fill up the OTG, think of it as a n insurance. If you need more memoory, you can copy the content of your cards into it and then reuse the cards. I usually make 2 copies of each card, so I can easily use up 10Gb.