Thread: No Limits

Default No Limits

wanted to capture a sense of escapism, from all the rules and restrictions that bound us everyday..
    like the expression goes, as free as a bird..

would like to know how could I improve on the composition of this photo..
    or could I have better executed this idea of mine?

Default Re: No Limits

place the sign at the bottom of the frame and capture more sky

placing the sign at the bottom of the frame sounds better, but that would mean cutting away the trees. I think the trees are rather important, but more sky would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by psychomatic View Post
    placing the sign at the bottom of the frame sounds better, but that would mean cutting away the trees. I think the trees are rather important, but more sky would be better.

care to share why you think the trees are important?

thought of capturing more sky, but that would mean abit too much empty space.. included the trees to sorta lead the eyes to the bird..

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    thought of capturing more sky, but that would mean abit too much empty space.. included the trees to sorta lead the eyes to the bird..

Won't the empty space help you enhance the idea of No Limits?

i think no limit was refering to the bird. hahhaha it can fly faster then 15km/h

Ya true. I think the TS wanted the bird to re-empahise on the 15km/h with the bird. However i f the bird could be taken bigger. I think it would be better. But probably there are limitations that resulted in this shot. Anyway well done. The idea is there... Keep shooting.
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post

would like to know how could I improve on the composition of this photo..
    or could I have better executed this idea of mine?
    Composition is pretty good however you could look at placing the sign a touch lower on the rule of thirds intersection.

The only other thing I would maybe look at is the Shadows & Highlights tool in PS to bring out a little more detail in the palm fronds.

If, after this, you feel you have too much sky you could change the aspect ratio from 4:6 to 3:4 when cropping.

you must be either very lucky or very patient to capture that shot.
    I like your idea and composition, nice job.

somehow i think if u take the pic from abit more to the left, and @ a lower perspective..u would be able to frame the sign @ the bottom..trees on right and bottom half of pic...then blue sky above... but no birdie then :P

Quote Originally Posted by cullenjeremy View Post
    i think no limit was refering to the bird. hahhaha it can fly faster then 15km/h
    yea, it probably can fly much faster than 15km/hr, but it isn't terribly fast..

Quote Originally Posted by nigel84 View Post
    Ya true. I think the TS wanted the bird to re-empahise on the 15km/h with the bird. However if the bird could be taken bigger. I think it would be better. But probably there are limitations that resulted in this shot. Anyway well done. The idea is there... Keep shooting.
    would also think if the bird was bigger its better.. well, maybe next time if I'm lucky an egret or something bigger flies past at a similar spot..

Quote Originally Posted by M-u-z View Post
    Composition is pretty good however you could look at placing the sign a touch lower on the rule of thirds intersection.

The only other thing I would maybe look at is the Shadows & Highlights tool in PS to bring out a little more detail in the palm fronds.

If, after this, you feel you have too much sky you could change the aspect ratio from 4:6 to 3:4 when cropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaiser View Post
    somehow i think if u take the pic from abit more to the left, and @ a lower perspective..u would be able to frame the sign @ the bottom..trees on right and bottom half of pic...then blue sky above... but no birdie then :P
    yea, would agree that taking it at a lower perpective would be better.. partly my fault not thinking about that while waiting for some birds to fly past..