Thread: 6500K or 9300K

Default 6500K or 9300K

Wonder what CS people put set for their monitors? Read that 6500K should be the way but i find that it is jus too warm. What are ur opinions? Is that really the true white point?

mine at 9300k leh
    Believe it. And it will be so.

will a print out be really that different if i see from a calibrated 6500K monitor as compared to a 9300K calibrated monitor?

technically...yes. but then again you are supposed to calibrate your monitor around 12midday and NOT wearing a black or reflective shirt that can affect your view (hardcore); if you calibrate manually. best to get a spyder but Then AGAIN even if you manage to calibrate your monitor AND your camera has an ICC profile, your printer does not. Neither does your monitor (unless you download it). Professional calibration packages that come with tools to calibrate all of the above are beyond laymen budget...
    Believe it. And it will be so.

I am using the Sony G520 monitor. Anyone knows where to get a profile for it? Btw, do ppl set the contrast to 100? It is too glaring IMO.

yar lor, adobe gamma asks you set contrast and brightness to max..crazy man...anybody have any advice?

Originally posted by GitS
    yar lor, adobe gamma asks you set contrast and brightness to max..crazy man...anybody have any advice?
    Contrast to max, brightness adjust as per instructions. Then adjust gamma as per instructions. You will end up with a monitor which is not too bright, not too dark, but enough to display your pics correctly.

The reason for the contrast max is to get the maximum possible white from the display.

Regards
    CK

Verre Vrai
    Guests

Originally posted by ckiang
    Contrast to max, brightness adjust as per instructions. Then adjust gamma as per instructions. You will end up with a monitor which is not too bright, not too dark, but enough to display your pics correctly.

The reason for the contrast max is to get the maximum possible white from the display.

Regards
    CK
    Using the contrast at max setting for prolong period will "overload" your CRT in the monitor and it will go kaputt faster??? Who knows?

Originally posted by Verre Vrai
    Using the contrast at max setting for prolong period will "overload" your CRT in the monitor and it will go kaputt faster??? Who knows?
    Just sharing a bit of my experience:

i have contrast at max and i often use my monitor for more than 6 hours at one go. I have used my monitor of 1.5 years. Never have any problems.

Originally posted by Verre Vrai
    I don't know how far it's true, but by the time it happens, you would want a new monitor anyway.

Regards
    CK