Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do we go for 3rd party lens?

Default Re: Why do we go for 3rd party lens?

Quote Originally Posted by benn8 View Post
    May I ask, what are your reasons going for 3rd party lens?

1. Cheaper
    2. More variety in the resulting shots
    3. Better image quality
    4. more ???
    5. some times even looks better!

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Sigma is much better. If u wanna buy I can sell u mine.
    just got the sigma 70-300APO today
    i think its good b'coz of the 1:2 macro...(bang for ur buck)
    but AF hmm... slightly, tiny bit slower then 350D kit lens.
    low light OMG focusing is terribe(maybe my one bad copy?), day light lens la but very good price for it

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well, I'm a Nikon user and generally Nikon ones are much better in build quality so I can't use this as an excuse. Well, coming from you as a Canon user, then I guess there's something for Canon to improve on.
    Judging by your emoticons, I'm sure you aren't starting a Nikon-Canon fight. Thanks for the tact. I also hate such fights because they are childish. Yes, I would again generally agree with your comment about Nikon lenses.

I don't know how old you are, but if you have lived long enough, you would have noticed that our world has become one where products aren't made to last. Gone are the days when many products were over-engineered and robustly-built to last generations. Companies now manufacture most of their products at a lower cost to win consumers with a lower price. Inevitably, somethings got to give.

Hence, Canon made their cheap plastic lenses. So did Nikon with their kit lenses. It's just the trend these days.

sometimes 3rd party offers the range that originals don't ,or same focal length at much better price/performance point to the original manufacturer ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela View Post
    Judging by your emoticons, I'm sure you aren't starting a Nikon-Canon fight. Thanks for the tact. I also hate such fights because they are childish. Yes, I would again generally agree with your comment about Nikon lenses.

I don't know how old you are, but if you have lived long enough, you would have noticed that our world has become one where products aren't made to last. Gone are the days when many products were over-engineered and robustly-built to last generations. Companies now manufacture most of their products at a lower cost to win consumers with a lower price. Inevitably, somethings got to give.

Hence, Canon made their cheap plastic lenses. So did Nikon with their kit lenses. It's just the trend these days.
    This I would agree with both hands up.. Gone are the days where you can depend on your piece of gear. My first PC I bought lasted my 6 yrs or so...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Personally, I go for 3rd party lens cause it's cheaper with comparable quality, and offers focal lengths that Nikon lenses just do not have (Sigma 10-20mm vs Nikon's 12-24mm)

But still prefer the Nikon lenses and would definitely choose them if the price is not that much higher compared to 3rd party offerings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12