Thread: Tree Top Trial | Morning Calm

Default Tree Top Trial | Morning Calm

The following was taken on morning of 9th June 2007, when Tree Top Trial reopens after the unfortunate incident.

The location is along the start of Venus Trial before 9.00 a.m and it was refreshing sight that captivated me and a few friends. I did little on the images with PS other than shrinking it and adding the name.

Please C&C and advise.... 1. Exposure, theme 2. If PS can work it better 3. If persepective needs improve... or anything that irritates you (concerning the pics and not your perosnal life... haaa) Thank you.

Last edited by zaren; 22nd June 2007 at 11:57 PM. Reason: only 1 photo per thread pls.

Default Re: Tree Top Trial | Morning Calm

Hmm, since "irritation" was asked for, here goes...the orange leaf on the left is distracting, partly also because my eyes were trying to find a subject, was it the rails, the arching bamboos, or the sun rays? I feel the sun rays and silhouette of bamboos deserve more attention perhaps through a bit more post-processing. Overall, it's good that such elements were noticed and captured.
    "...not taking what one doesn't desire is the hardest thing in the world" - Albert Camus

#1, seem the horizon is tilted.
    #2, the trial is not very visible.
    #3, perhaps shooting at much earlier hours, you may able to get a little misty in the woods and the golden ray shine thru the canopy
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by centurion_sg View Post
    Hmm, since "irritation" was asked for, here goes...the orange leaf on the left is distracting, partly also because my eyes were trying to find a subject, was it the rails, the arching bamboos, or the sun rays? I feel the sun rays and silhouette of bamboos deserve more attention perhaps through a bit more post-processing. Overall, it's good that such elements were noticed and captured.
    Great... tipe to snip some brown leaves... Thank you for the advise.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    #1, seem the horizon is tilted.
    #2, the trial is not very visible.
    #3, perhaps shooting at much earlier hours, you may able to get a little misty in the woods and the golden ray shine thru the canopy
    You are right... the apparant tilt with having trial and bridge at the angle of shot. I can crop that off... but I wish I should have tried from the angle straigt down the trial... wil try that if the opportunity allows in my next visit. Thank you for your advise.