Thread: can nikon flashgun be used on canon camera?

Default can nikon flashgun be used on canon camera?

just curious... can nikon flash be used on canon camera?

i've never tried it myself, but to my understanding, yes. but only in manual mode (no auto, TTL, etc.).

auto mode should work right? but you got to tape all the other pins except for the central one.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    auto mode should work right? but you got to tape all the other pins except for the central one.
    huh? got to tape all other pins one? erm...

I use Nikon SB-25 with Canon G2 & G3, works in manual and auto mode except TTL. No need to tape other pins, and till now the flash is still going strong, never fail.

Originally posted by tsdh
    I use Nikon SB-25 with Canon G2 & G3, works in manual and auto mode except TTL. No need to tape other pins, and till now the flash is still going strong, never fail.
    hi, just wonder when u use nikon flash wif canon cam, in auto mode, do u always need to adjust the ISO and aperture to be the same as camera one?

Originally posted by chenwei
    hi, just wonder when u use nikon flash wif canon cam, in auto mode, do u always need to adjust the ISO and aperture to be the same as camera one?
    Yes. Have to set the flash manually since it doesn't communicate with the body.

Originally posted by chenwei
    It should be. That's what you have to do when you using the flash in auto mode with ANY camera.

thanks for the reply~

Originally posted by Zerstorer
    It should be. That's what you have to do when you using the flash in auto mode with ANY camera.
    Hee hee...one exception I know of. My SB24 when mounted on F801S or D1X and set to auto mode, it will sill receive ISO setting and zoom setting from the camera. Only the Aperture has to be set manually.

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Originally posted by roygoh
    Hee hee...one exception I know of. My SB24 when mounted on F801S or D1X and set to auto mode, it will sill receive ISO setting and zoom setting from the camera. Only the Aperture has to be set manually.

- Roy
    Heh....I should have said 3rd party camera.