Thread: Overdone Shots

Default Overdone Shots

No flames intended, but what are the kind of shots you guys think that are seriously overdone and are getting boring?

Personally, i've got a few on my list.

1. Esplanade
    2. Boat Quay
    3. Insect Macro
    4. Flower Macro
    5. Shenton Way

i do admit, some of those shots that i've seen here are excellent, to the very extent of being mesmerizing!

But then, it's getting kinda boring viewing similar pics day in day out.

Any peeps here have suggestions to getting interesting pictures in Singapore?

Wanna join us to do some studio model shoot? We have different faces each week.

Singapore Skyline

Regards
    CK

and Fullerton Hotel

but please let me post my version of it. i havent got a chance to post it yet. LOL.
    Last edited by liuhao; 3rd April 2003 at 04:58 PM.

Originally posted by Astin
    Wanna join us to do some studio model shoot? We have different faces each week.
    With lance teaching?
    I'm very tempted, but dun think my equipments are good enough.

Giantnookie, you can learn from lance, or you can learn by yourself through practising.
    What camera are you using?

We need to explore our homeland more. I doubt some places in Singapore we have never been there before.

Actually I thought I was overdoing the street photography bit, that's why I moved on to more mainstream stuff like insect macros...

Originally posted by Astin
    Giantnookie, you can learn from lance, or you can learn by yourself through practising.
    What camera are you using?
    Me using 602.
    No flash, only 3 filters.
    hehe.

Not sure if its good enough.
    But im real interested in Lance's pass it on classes.
    Thumbs up for him.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
    Actually I thought I was overdoing the street photography bit, that's why I moved on to more mainstream stuff like insect macros...
    hehe, no lah.
    How can you over do street photography.

There's different people around in different places with different moods and expressions.

But those shenton way, CBD buildings, esplanade etc etc only change facade say once every 5 - 10 years? (rough estimate)

SHoot here, shoot there still the same.

Hehe, although some looks good, but seriously, it's getting quite boring.

But hey, im just an amatuer, my views might differ from the pros here.

Could probably be due to my short attention span as well.

You took that photo?

ermm looks like theres a very obvious greenish tint

I don't really see the problem of some shots being "overdone". The photographer might be trying to perfect his shots. Others might be trying out this "overdone" shots for the very first time. I would rather see "overdone" and good shots rather than those who simply gave up and switched to something else when they couldn't get good shots. This is simply becos they lacked the patience and did not put in enough effort. Everyone has the right to shoot and post whatever they like. If we start to classify some shots as being "overdone", it will definitely discourage some newbies for attempting those shots and the already declining good shots in the forum might decrease further.
    Last edited by Falcon; 4th April 2003 at 08:05 AM.

Originally posted by Falcon
    I don't really see the problem of some shots being "overdone". The photographer might be trying to perfect his shots. Others might be trying out this "overdone" shots for the very first time. I would rather see "overdone" and good shots rather than those who simply gave up and switched to something else when they couldn't get good shots. This is simply becos they lacked the patience and did not put in enough effort. Everyone has the right to shoot and post whatever they like. If we start to classify some shots as being "overdone", it will definitely discourage some newbies for attempting those shots and the already declining good shots in the forum might decrease.
    Agreed.