Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable Cheap Camera at ebay and Yahoo Auction

Default Unbelievable Cheap Camera at ebay and Yahoo Auction

Hi, I am new here and new to photography. I am thinking of upgrading my 300D and thought I can get a reasonable price second hand 30D at ebay or Singapore yahoo auction. To my surprise, there are some really cheap camera there, e.g. 100-200 SGD for 30D, 5D and 1D. I wrote to one of them asking on why is it so cheap, he replied that they are the wholesaler and the items are made in China. Of course, they are unrated and newly registered.

Anybody can advise if they can be trusted or any of you had actually bought 1 from these people successfully? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Unbelievable Cheap Camera at ebay and Yahoo Auction

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww. Why don't you buy a dozen from them? See if they'll ship before you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo View Post
    Hi, I am new here and new to photography. I am thinking of upgrading my 300D and thought I can get a reasonable price second hand 30D at ebay or Singapore yahoo auction. To my surprise, there are some really cheap camera there, e.g. 100-200 SGD for 30D, 5D and 1D. I wrote to one of them asking on why is it so cheap, he replied that they are the wholesaler and the items are made in China. Of course, they are unrated and newly registered.

Anybody can advise if they can be trusted or any of you had actually bought 1 from these people successfully? Thanks in advance.
    cannot be trust
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Forget about those

It a scam as an experience eBay buyer I can only said if is too good to be true run away.

Another way is to see the trading feedback. But be aware that can be faked too

overall I have yet to get myself burn just use common sense

I though Canon always proud to be made in Japan ?

Regards,
    Arto.

If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't true

Erm....check the spelling when you received the goods...it could turn out be Cannon 300D

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Erm....check the spelling when you received the goods...it could turn out be Cannon 300D
    Oh ya, like the "Addidas" that I bought in Thailand. hahaha

Thanks for all th advise. Look like I have to save up for the 30D..... Or anyone got good lobang for new or second hand 30D? thanks!
    Last edited by hanzo; 20th June 2007 at 06:18 PM.

bro, these r scams. 100% guaranteed. if they r too good to b true. they r too good to b true. u will be surprised how many scammers there r online.

Quote Originally Posted by azonic View Post
    bro, these r scams. 100% guaranteed. if they r too good to b true. they r too good to b true. u will be surprised how many scammers there r online.
    Don't bother, this is definitely a scam. Once you paid out, that will be the end of your dollars. Too good to be true
    Canon EOS 5D | 50 1.4 | 17-40 L | 24-105 L IS | 70-200 F4 IS | 100-400 L IS | 100 F2.8 Macro

Ask them if can COD. But seriously, $200 for a 30D, it does really sound too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_teo View Post
    Ask them if can COD. But seriously, $200 for a 30D, it does really sound too good to be true.
    They say they from China....... Most probably scam. I thought so too..... Thanks all bros

for other accessories like light tent, angle finder, etc... i got from online with no problem... but for DSLR body.... is a no no... u wouldn't know what could have damage during shipment...
    Boss say:"Now i shall downgrade u all2 $90 flat for OT!"
    I say:"better ask blanga do..." :bsmilie:

i rather buy from the clunsnap b/s..at least can check the condition first before paying
    Canon 500D | Tamron 17-50 2.8, EF 28-135 IS USM, EF 50 1.8, Sigma 70-300 APO DG | 430EX | Flickr

Go read their feedbacks...you will realise that though they get good feedbacks....its such coincidence that ALL their buyers are 1ST TIME buyers! check the dates that the feedbacks were given too...you will understand...

if you believe a D2X/1D MKII selling at USD$250-USD$500...then i rather you respond to those emails that promise that they will send you millions of dollars once you transfer a few thousands to them FIRST to help them settle legal fees to release the money...then you can use the millions to buy all canons and nikons and what else you want

I saw high grade memory cards: 400 SGD in Singapore, about 10x less on eBay. Looking carefully: they were fake and it was a scam. To my mind, the only way a 2000-4000 SGD camera becomes a 200-300 SGD camera is if it has been stolen and someone is flogging it.
    I could be wrong. However, I would not buy it.

Incidentally, several countries impose severe penalties for counterfeit goods: not only do you get fined, but you could serve a jail sentence and you almost certainly get a criminal record. THAT can be a show-stopper for the unwary customer, even if he is just passing through.

Quote Originally Posted by hanzo View Post

I ever encountered such experienced too. A seller claimed that he is from Romania, selling Nokia phone at super low price. When you said u wanna buy, they would keep pushing you for the payments. Thank God that I didn't go ahead with the payment.

I've got three words for you regarding these kinds of deals:

NO, NO, NO!!!

They are mostly unrated, and some of the "rated" ones are rated by those who are unrated! Very, very suspicious.

it's obviously a scam. only certified cheapskates fall for these kinda stuffs hahaha.
    Last edited by jpgutierrez18; 21st June 2007 at 06:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Maybe can get only the shell?

a worn out 20D shell for SGD 100?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast