Thread: Quiet Night

Default Quiet Night

8s seems the max exposure time of Nikon 5700.

How to choose F value and exposure time?

It was taken at 9pm.

thank you!
    Last edited by yesc98; 20th June 2007 at 02:51 PM.

Default Re: Quiet Night

You should have Manual mode. This will enable you to engage bulb for the shutter speed, up to a maximum of 5 mins. You need to hold down the shutter button all this time though.

And aperture wise, you can go down to f8 on wide angle. Were you using a tripod? Mebbe you'd wanna consider the remote cable for this type of long exposure shots too.

For your current picture, what do you wish to portray? I believe the larger aperture (F4) may have caused all those bright spots for the street lamps. Mebbe you'd like to try out a few more shots at different shutter speeds, apertures, etc to see which would give you your best effect of this Pandan reservoir.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    You should have Manual mode. This will enable you to engage bulb for the shutter speed, up to a maximum of 5 mins. You need to hold down the shutter button all this time though.

And aperture wise, you can go down to f8 on wide angle. Were you using a tripod? Mebbe you'd wanna consider the remote cable for this type of long exposure shots too.

For your current picture, what do you wish to portray? I believe the larger aperture (F4) may have caused all those bright spots for the street lamps. Mebbe you'd like to try out a few more shots at different shutter speeds, apertures, etc to see which would give you your best effect of this Pandan reservoir.
    Thank you so much for you instruction.

I will try different shutter speeds, apertures and ISO to see the best effect.

If ya got a tripod, i would say go ISO 200 and try... You might be able to cut down noise and playing ard with the apertures should give you a decent image...
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts