Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye to Leslie

U may think that it takes courage to jump but it takes even more courage to walk away and not to do it.

To me suicide is the greatest sin....juz my 2cents.
    Last edited by Mystix; 4th April 2003 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: Coward.

Originally posted by Pain

Take an example of a patient suffering from a terminal illness who choose uthenesia (assisted death) to end his/her suffering, now, would you call that a cowardly act?
    It's spelt as euthanasia, btw. To digress from this thread a little, euthanasia is also a pretty controversial topic.
    Last edited by imaginary_number; 4th April 2003 at 07:03 PM.

Hmm... judgement, judgement....

Think of this situation... you suffer from a terminal illness. Each day, the pain is getting more and more excruciating. The hospital bills are getting higher and higher. Doctors give up and tell you that soon you'll need machines to keep you alive (at a cost, a higher one, of course). Your bank balance dries up. Your family, your loved ones, are paying your hospital bills. Some of them lose their jobs because they take too many day offs taking care of you. Their bank balance dry up as well. In a desperate attempt to keep you alive, your mother/sister/wife/fiancee/daughter has to become a prostitute, your father/son/brother is in prison after getting caught of robbery (to get money to pay for your hospital bill). You lose your flat because you haven't paid your monthly installment for over 6 months already. All your friends avoid you.

Now what do you do?

Originally posted by rty

Think of this situation... you suffer from a terminal illness. Each day, the pain is getting more and more excruciating. The hospital bills are getting higher and higher. Doctors give up and tell you that soon you'll need machines to keep you alive (at a cost, a higher one, of course). Your bank balance dries up. Your family, your loved ones, are paying your hospital bills. Some of them lose their jobs because they take too many day offs taking care of you. Their bank balance dry up as well. In a desperate attempt to keep you alive, your mother/sister/wife/fiancee/daughter has to become a prostitute, your father/son/brother is in prison after getting caught of robbery (to get money to pay for your hospital bill). You lose your flat because you haven't paid your monthly installment for over 6 months already. All your friends avoid you.

Now what do you do?
    check that life policy of mine n see if i passed the window period den "long pia see" (bang wall n die)

Originally posted by rty

Now what do you do?
    I had a close friend who was in such a scenario just about a year ago, lest the prostitue and robbery part. His dad was conned while trying to search for a cure for his son.

Today, miraculously, he has recovered and leading a better life.

thats really good for him.....

but seriously how many pple can tahan going thru such tragic experiences??

sometimes i think its not the person whose sick thats giving up but his family n pple ard him gave him up....

but seriously ur friend really is lucky or i shld say strongwilled...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12