Thread: CF VS MD VS Image tank

Default CF VS MD VS Image tank

I was wondering...Image tank at the price of around a 512CF can already store few GB of photo...and upgrade proof but why many still buy CF?

and 1GB MD is also around the price of 512MB CF......why people still choose to buy 1GB CF over GD?????

althought i can only use CF but i was wondering.....

Image tank can be spoil easily so not many buy...that i understand but why people still buy 1GB CF over MD???
    DSLR newbie: 400D + Tamron 18-200mm + 50mm F1.8 (i simply love it!)
    Canon G2

Image tank can be spoil easily cos it is a mechanical harddrive.
    So is MD, though it being a much smaller mechanical harddrive can take more Gs of shock.

vince123123
    Guests

i used to think that the image tanks /x drive etc were more sturdy than the microdrives due to the shock damping features within the tank, the shock damping features withint he drive itself, and the fact that usualyl bigger things are more sturdy than smaller ones.

When u shoot fashion show with a DSLR, it's very tempted to just click and click. A 512MB can be fully loaded very fast, especially if u use a 1D (8fps u know). On the other hand, the image tank can store *almost* unlimited frames within a 2-week journey, even in raw mode. Both has its advantage. CF has better compatibility and reliability than MD. Many photogs own more than one digital cams, one may support MD and the others may not. For me I always want to upgrade my IBM 340MB MD, but strangely failed to find a solid reason to persuade myself. Yet I have taken almost 40,000 pictures with my trusty 340MB MD + 10GB image tank.

Buy only when u feel necessary.

Originally posted by tomshen
    When u shoot fashion show with a DSLR, it's very tempted to just click and click. A 512MB can be fully loaded very fast, especially if u use a 1D (8fps u know). On the other hand, the image tank can store *almost* unlimited frames within a 2-week journey, even in raw mode. Both has its advantage. CF has better compatibility and reliability than MD. Many photogs own more than one digital cams, one may support MD and the others may not. For me I always want to upgrade my IBM 340MB MD, but strangely failed to find a solid reason to persuade myself. Yet I have taken almost 40,000 pictures with my trusty 340MB MD + 10GB image tank.

Buy only when u feel necessary.
    Another satisfied MD user!