Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 361

Thread: What culture is it here??!!

  1. #121
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,609

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i can only admire the path of Sion the Guru and will never surpass it, divine enlightenment will not be found in me, but only in our Guru, all hail Sion!
    But some fortunate CSers had swore that they had seen the gas of divine enlightenment exuding from your holy body.

    They were overpowered with creative force for the whole day.

  2. #122
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,916

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nikontiger View Post
    I see through my eyes, and honest about it, its only you who have a problem with those who doesn't see through yours, anyway... sucking eggs comment was meant to be nice to you, to not insult your intelligence, but you quickly turned it around against me, thats not very nice you know?
    i'm just as honest about my opinion i have a problem with people who don't read my argument, and i like to go on to explain it. you have a problem with people who don't agree with you, and you go on to brush them aside.

    sucking eggs comment? it's dependent on who made the first assumption
    Last edited by eikin; 19th June 2007 at 08:50 PM.

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,916

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    But some fortunate CSers had swore that they had seen the gas of divine enlightenment exuding from your holy body.

    They were overpowered with creative force for the whole day.


    oh no, that can't be true, no one can command such an aura except the Guru, who else is capable of that other than Sion? for more than 3 months, everyone seems to be mesmerized by the Guru's reinterpretation of the afghan girl
    Last edited by eikin; 19th June 2007 at 08:47 PM.

  4. #124
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i'm just as honest about my opinion i have a problem with people who don't read my arguement, and i like to go on to explain it. you have a problem with people who don't agree with you, and you go on to brush them aside.

    sucking eggs comment? it's dependent on who made the first assumption
    No, I don't have a problem with people, I do however have a problem with your attitudes in this thread Please read before you assume anymore.

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,916

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nikontiger View Post
    No, I don't have a problem with people, I do however have a problem with your attitudes in this thread Please read before you assume anymore.
    unfortunately that'll depend on your assumptions as well

  6. #126

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    chill guys.....take a deep breath b4 replying further.

    for those who agree to disagree, leave it at that. this is an interesting discussion without having to go OT.
    Last edited by zaren; 19th June 2007 at 08:56 PM.

  7. #127
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    chill guys.....take a deep breath b4 replying further.

    for those who agree to disagree, leave it at that. this is an interesting discussion without having to go OT.
    .....<breathing> .......ahhhh

  8. #128

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    To TS,

    I always would like to critique a photo, but due to my english standard, i am unable to. Not everyone here can really express themselves here in good english, got it? Do u know that by writing a critique to me and other's are a damn tough job?

    By starting this thread, u are a flame maker to what i assume of. Cos u assume ppl who always critique but unable to post photos here are a bunch of ppl who cannot shoot well. Am i correct???

    Also, i tell u, i got 1 million in my account, do i need to show u real hard cash, so that u can believe me and trust me?

    So my critiques is simple, cannot make it or can make it, got it?
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Upper Room
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Once you are known to be good, any other pieces of work (good or bad) are all good.
    Newbies don't get much comments on their work, while 'old birds' get tons of comments/critiques.
    I think that's the typical Singapore "me too" culture. Herd instinct. *shake head*

  10. #130
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Upper Room
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nikontiger View Post
    So I am not surprised that Icemocha will feel that he needs to insult me back, as he has stated, that he might be one of those whom I am speaking about.
    I did not feel targetted as I doubt I've made comment on your pic before. I'm just sharng in honesty and truth.

    I believe that every one is entitled to an opinion. Other's opinion never bothered me. However, I usually question those whose thoughts contradict themselves. Example the recent "Desperate Tissue Man" post or your previous statement and your signature.

    I still cannot imagine a person who do not want to "reinvent the wheel" to "break away from the norm". I believe that knowing the thread starter's thought process better will certainly help in the discussion.

    .....But I agree with somebody who said, "Let stick to the topic."

  11. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Upper Room
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    let's not be overly sensitive
    in fact i don't quite understand your reply to ortega's post, care to explain?
    Don't worry, I know he is not making personal attack.

    I'm equally puzzled by his reply to ortega.

    I'm also trying to discover the culture here.

  12. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Upper Room
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by nikontiger View Post
    Your imagination may need some more imaginations know what I mean? Maybe you are suggesting that Van Gogh don't use paint to express his creativity? Get it? Wheels, paint, wheels, paint... I don't understand your point, really.

    ???? I'm lost in your reasoning. So, your point is?

    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    From wheels came rails, from rails came magnetic track breaking sound barriers. Let's break away from the norm and reinvent.

  13. #133

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    the more i read, the more i cannot understands what nikontiger wans........
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  14. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Upper Room
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    But you are our Superhero. You have more power over our creative souls than a moderator. We look up to you for divine enlightenment.

    Please show us The Way.
    ROFL You are so funny.

  15. #135
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Upper Room
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    unfortunately that'll depend on your assumptions as well
    That's very true...wait, I thinking both of you are really getting out of the topic. ROFL.

    Guys, take it easy.

  16. #136
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IceMocha View Post
    Don't worry, I know he is not making personal attack.

    I'm equally puzzled by his reply to ortega.

    I'm also trying to discover the culture here.
    puzzled, I am as well ...

  17. #137
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    some can give critique and some cannot
    some can take critique and some cannot

    it is a learning process
    where more experience and making mistakes will make you learn faster
    what i want to say is

    it is a learning process for both the critique giver
    and the critique receiver

    it is not wrong to make mistakes
    when someone tells one of the mistake one has made
    take a step back and relook and think

    most importantly learn from that mistake

    after all it take alot of effort to do a good critique
    so be thankful that the critique giver took the effort to critique

  18. #138
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    what i want to say is

    it is a learning process for both the critique giver
    and the critique receiver

    it is not wrong to make mistakes
    when someone tells one of the mistake one has made
    take a step back and relook and think

    most importantly learn from that mistake

    after all it take alot of effort to do a good critique
    so be thankful that the critique giver took the effort to critique
    This thread started off not about being unthankful towards criticizers, but be thankful towards those who are honorable. Its like someone comes and critique you, and you give thanks to everyone? There must be some form of moderation and control, to differentiate between the genuine critiques and the imposter ones, and it was only my suggestion that people operate in an honorable way, by simply being more transparent about their abilities and status, that's all it was. If everyone can tell which are good or bad critique, then they are already so good enough, but that's not the case here in CS. There are those who learn and progress through good and consistent advices.

    This thread is interesting for me, as I see very quickly how this herd mentality and group bullying takes place here, thus the culture that is allowed here.

    I don't know how so many can say that it takes a lot of effort to critique ( not a pro level, but the level we receive here in CS), as if its more than the effort to produce a good photograph. I kept being attacked like I'm against the art of critique, but I am not against it, in no way have I shown this stance, I'm only against the etiquette and courtesy extended by SOME members here...thus the term ungentlemanly and dishonorable being used here, so don't try to twist and skew my intentions to this unnecessary extend.
    Last edited by nikontiger; 20th June 2007 at 03:43 AM.

  19. #139
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    the more i read, the more i cannot understands what nikontiger wans........
    Could it be your english, as you've stated? if so, why this post? Its a puzzling world indeed.
    Last edited by nikontiger; 20th June 2007 at 03:11 AM.

  20. #140
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    187

    Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IceMocha View Post
    I did not feel targetted as I doubt I've made comment on your pic before. I'm just sharng in honesty and truth.

    ...I still cannot imagine a person who do not want to "reinvent the wheel" to "break away from the norm". I believe that knowing the thread starter's thought process better will certainly help in the discussion.

    .....But I agree with somebody who said, "Let stick to the topic."
    Good, at least you're right that I didn't target you.

    I got the impression from Ortega's post that he would rather learn things the hard way. That few statements he made were nothing more than what I would teach a 10 y/o kid about life, what I'm truly interested are things of more depth, that instead of just learning from your own mistakes, we could also learn from the mistakes of others, imagine we have to learn about aviation only through our own accidents, we will all be dead and not be here, and also you made the death of those who paid with their lives in vain. Of course, by saying all these, I am not discounting the fact that we also learn from our own mistakes. Thus the term "reinventing the wheel"was used here to express this fact, that not in all things , do we have to learn from the beginning. there's such a thing call progress.
    Last edited by nikontiger; 20th June 2007 at 02:48 AM.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •