Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: What culture is it here??!!

Member/Tangshooter

Default Re: What culture is it here??!!

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    That's good to hear. I do miss his postings.
    Agree with u..Student has some very good works too..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    That's good to hear. I do miss his postings.
    So do I. This thread going nowhere already. Maybe Mod can close it.

vince123123
    Guests

I beg to differ. I am still waiting for Enchanted's response to the points made in response to his position. He was rather strong in championing for the requirement of qualifications and I would like to hear his side rather than have the discussion cut off prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    there is no reason to close this thread ... there is rarely any good reason to close any thread short of mayhem and anarchy ... well those do happen sometime, but not here...

so, why close it? as a matter of fact, till now, this had been a rather civil, be it heated now and then, exchange for a long time.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Ortega, never try to argue with our resident word smith about word smithing......
    He has got a bigger dictionary than us?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    there is no reason to close this thread ... there is rarely any good reason to close any thread short of mayhem and anarchy ... well those do happen sometime, but not here...

so, why close it? as a matter of fact, till now, this had been a rather civil, be it heated now and then, exchange for a long time.
    Sorry Deadpoet, my bad. Just went thru the whole thread instead of ppick and choose to read. Yes, come to think of it, it should continue and be left alive...

Cheers...

Warning! Warning!! Multi detected

No good no good

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by yqt;
    Yes, other than the " now no longer around Student ", vince is another who's good.

Regarding the 2 new CS members here, the 2 of them questioned my postings, and I'm fine with it, I think I've answered them, in the proper manner.

If they don't know nikontiger, it's a good chance for me to explain things to them.

If they do know nikontiger, sorry guys, didn't work.

If you really know nikontiger and post that in support of him, I think it backfired.
    What are you insinuating yqt? I have no acquaintance with many people here, however I have met face to face with a few good guys here thru a photoshoot recently. I have skeptical views about a few clones here as well.

No need for such tricks lah, trace ip, anonymous surfing techniques, etc...I think its all old already, anyway, it can be faked too

But please, though nothing serious, I'll appreciate that whoever's involved in this sabotage or conspiracy, please be man to own up and clear the air, thanks.
    Last edited by nikontiger; 22nd June 2007 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikontiger View Post
    What are you insinuating yqt? I have no acquaintance with many people here, however I have met face to face with a few good guys here thru a photoshoot recently. I have skeptical views about a few clones here as well.

No need for such tricks lah, trace ip, anonymous surfing techniques, etc...I think its all old already, anyway, it can be faked too

But please, though nothing serious, I'll appreciate that whoever's involved in this sabotage or conspiracy, please be man to own up and clear the air, thanks.
    Ok let me clear the air. I am based in China and dont know this nikontiger joker from Adam.

May be the next time when you post you should say "Only those who has an online public portfolio may comment".

Can we please keep this constructive? Declarations of a member not knowing another etc serves little or no purpose.

I am of the view that this thread is coming along nicely, aside from a few hot spots and/or unnecessary angst.

So perhaps if we all could, move back on topic.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    May be the next time when you post you should say "Only those who has an online public portfolio may comment".
    photography is for the masses, not only for photographers.
    a critique do not have to know how to take photos to give comments.
    just like a critique do not need to know how to make movies to critique a movie.
    sheesh people!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang;
    Can we please keep this constructive? Declarations of a member not knowing another etc serves little or no purpose.

I am of the view that this thread is coming along nicely, aside from a few hot spots and/or unnecessary angst.

Thank you.
    Pleeeease do, panting already.

vince123123
    Guests

Maybe eikin should just clarify what he meant as this furore started from that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nikontiger View Post

I'm not and have no interest to insinuate anything. I think that is the general feeling to my post by the rest of the people here. Sorry that you see it another way.
    Cool down, we all did.

Again, my posting was not meant to insinuate anything or anyone.

Cheers
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by fotodaud View Post
    Ok let me clear the air. I am based in China and dont know this nikontiger joker from Adam.
    Hi fotodaud
    Thanks for clearing up the air and hope you understand my reply to your posting. We can have diff. POV, but in order not to stray out of this topic too much again, I hope we can agreed to disagreed.

Cheers
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

ok ok ... now we can get back to the original question ...

critics, do they need to show their work to demonstrate they are average, ok, good, great or master photographers?

I then ask a follow on question, should they do it at all?

Again, my answer is no and no.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet;
    ok ok ... now we can get back to the original question ...

critics, do they need to show their work to demonstrate they are average, ok, good, great or master photographers?

I then ask a follow on question, should they do it at all?

Again, my answer is no and no.
    I feel that they don't need to , but it would be helpful to have though, its additional information provided, not a necessity. So , no and if you wanna.

aiyah, take it like a suggestion box loh. you know some idiots always write stupid things inside suggestion box. so not really of a CS culture, but a suggestion box culture.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post

you should look at how you took DP's words out of context as well. DP posted in response to TS's behaviour in this thread http://clubsnap.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=218, you quoted him out of context and in an unreasonable manner like TS question the moderation of the forum http://clubsnap.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=236

you think this kind of rude forum behaviour is acceptable?
    Yes, going through the posts again, I realised i have quoted DP's words out of context. My apology to all the affected people.

To delete a post without giving any reason or before seeking any clarification is extremely rude. Those words that I have quoted describe my sentiment towards the person who did the deletion.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast