Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: incident happened at canon EOS experience day

Default Re: incident happened at canon EOS experience day

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Probably they wun be as generous anymore I guess.

Ie, NO MORE SWAPPING OF CAMERAS TO LENS.

They might allow u to swap CFs though. I guess.

actually, that canon staff had went all out for photogs to try their gear already, yet this kinda stuff happen...

those cameras are initally locked onto the tripod with a long plate that holds both the lens and the camera onto the plate (i dont use tripods myself, i dont know what tripod they're using..)

Oh dear, hope they had insurance to cover the theft. It might be difficult to trace owner as not everyone register or service their cameras at the agent. The exhibitor may want to check serial number with all alternative service centres and 2nd hand shops and give out the 20D as a reward for successful recovery.
    Last edited by contaxable; 18th June 2007 at 11:39 AM.

I have a new 1DmkIII for sale. Serial number not available, about 1000 on the shutter only. No box, no accessories, no body cap, no warranty, no strap. Please email if you would like to buy for only $3000.

i think the end they found back the missing camera
    hang out there till about 7pm and all was peaceful
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

actually tracing the finger print on the 20D also quite hard
    because the canon guy only discover the 20D on the 300mm after one guy ask him if he can swap cf card.
    i guess it's full of finger print from dunno how many ppl already.
    there are quite a number of ppl know of the incident, not sure any of them is CSer.

btw the 20D had an all red color strap.

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    i think the end they found back the missing camera
    hang out there till about 7pm and all was peaceful
    glad they found back. So.. the 20d how ? spare camera for them liao ? ohh.. will it appear in buy & sell section for this 20d ?

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    I have a new 1DmkIII for sale. Serial number not available, about 1000 on the shutter only. No box, no accessories, no body cap, no warranty, no strap. Please email if you would like to buy for only $3000.

That's madness...

Dunno what would happen to the Canon guy...

bsed on the way the mkIII was used as a machine gun, shutter count will be at closer to 10K

ok thank you. that's childish.

I was there too, i think the security was pretty slack. I mean if u have tens of thousands of dollars worth of eqpt, shldn't they at least pay someone say $10/hr just to keep watch?? If it really was stolen, wonder how come no one from the crowd noticed also. They shld coz ppl were queuing to try out the lens.

damn... hopefully the cam is found, if not the guy who is incharge of the 1Dmk3 sure kena jialat...
    Last edited by AQVA; 18th June 2007 at 04:59 PM.

Posted my thoughts on the event here...I was there too at abt that timing and was around when they noticed the 20D with the red colored worn strap on the 300mm f2.8 IS instead of the 1DMk3, saw the guy in charge of the staff (wearing white polo T I think) nearly panicked and started jumping around asking his staff wether they saw the missing body or not. I'm not sure what eventually happened, when I left about 6.15pm I think I still saw the 20D still sitting on the 300mm f2.8.

If I'm not wrong, at the public 5D/1DIIN launch at Rasa Sentosa about 2 years back, one of the MkIIN bodies was stolen IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmarc View Post
    I was there too, i think the security was pretty slack. I mean if u have tens of thousands of dollars worth of eqpt, shldn't they at least pay someone say $10/hr just to keep watch?? If it really was stolen, wonder how come no one from the crowd noticed also. They shld coz ppl were queuing to try out the lens.
    Yes they should have employ some security staff around, especially to keep an eye near the tryout section where all the big lenses and Mk3 bodies were...those were some $200k++ worth of equipment there... The Mk3 bodies on the big lenses were not secured or tethered at all, anyone could have easily swapped bodies and no one could have noticed anything.

Check out the Serial Number in 20D and check the Canon warranty system see if got contact info.

Then blacklist the MK III serial number and if that guys stupid stupid go and clean his cam, then lock up the service centre door and arrest him

Quote Originally Posted by Benchmarc View Post
    Sample equipment of less values have a chain tied to them when they are handson by visitors....dunno why camera cannot be chain up?

I remmebered going to exhibition showing handphones, got chain or wire tied to phones. Phones are way cheaper than cam....maybe no one think people can just pocket the big cam

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    no there wasnt any CCTV.

anyway, that seller who sold this ******* that 20D would almost probably have his number or at least contacted this ******* before. if trying hard enough, the thief confirm will be caught!
    Not if he bought it via CashConverter. They only track seller and not buyer.
    Last edited by IceMocha; 18th June 2007 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Posted my thoughts on the event here...I was there too at abt that timing and was around when they noticed the 20D with the red colored worn strap on the 300mm f2.8 IS instead of the 1DMk3, saw the guy in charge of the staff (wearing white polo T I think) nearly panicked and started jumping around asking his staff wether they saw the missing body or not. I'm not sure what eventually happened, when I left about 6.15pm I think I still saw the 20D still sitting on the 300mm f2.8.

If I'm not wrong, at the public 5D/1DIIN launch at Rasa Sentosa about 2 years back, one of the MkIIN bodies was stolen IIRC.
    Wah u stayed until so long!
    Huh... "20D with the red colored worn strap", the thief even has time to change the neckstrap?

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Wah u stayed until so long!
    Huh... "20D with the red colored worn strap", the thief even has time to change the neckstrap?
    Aiyah this DA lor...wanna stay and shoot the wakeboarder...they even request for his pics some more.

No lar I think the would be thief is using his own 20D...with an old canon maroon colour strap...

I attended a Canon 30D introduction seminar before...they have all manner of canon cameras for show and for testing too.
    All those cameras are chained to the display case for added security

Reminds me of a hifi exhibition. An expensive power cord was discovered missing from its wooden box after an amplifier was hooked up for a potential customer to audition.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast