Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: incident happened at canon EOS experience day

Default incident happened at canon EOS experience day

did anyone go to the Canon EOS yesterday(sunday)? around 530pm to 6pm?
    I got there around 530pm and tried out the 1DmkIII, amazing man!!!
    There is another amazing incident.
    I'm not sure if i got this correctly though it happened next to me. I was playing with 1DmkIII and the 400mm f/2.8 when the guy next to me asked the Canon guy if he could swap the 1.6x crop to view on the 1200mm. Amazingly the canon guy was very helpful and they swapped. After that i think another guy borrowed the 1DmkIII that the canon guy was holding to play with. That's all i know and 10 mins later i saw the canon guy was shocked and keep asking ppl around: "do you see the guy with the MkIII?" and they call more ppl to look for the missing mkIII. Guess what. There was an unclaimed 20D left on the 300 f/2.8

I felt great when canon did let ppl try out all the equipment comfortably. But it's very bad when someone took advantage of it.

I hope it got the situation wrongly and nothing is missing. (although they still look for it after half an hour).

Default Re: incident happened at canon EOS experience day

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    I'm not sure if i got this correctly though it happened next to me. I was playing with 1DmkIII and the 400mm f/2.8 when the guy next to me asked the Canon guy if he could swap the 1.6x crop to view on the 1200mm. Amazingly the canon guy was very helpful and they swapped. After that i think another guy borrowed the 1DmkIII that the canon guy was holding to play with. That's all i know and 10 mins later i saw the canon guy was shocked and keep asking ppl around: "do you see the guy with the MkIII?" and they call more ppl to look for the missing mkIII. Guess what. There was an unclaimed 20D left on the 300 f/2.8

I felt great when canon did let ppl try out all the equipment comfortably. But it's very bad when someone took advantage of it.

I hope it got the situation wrongly and nothing is missing. (although they still look for it after half an hour).

OMG!

that guy who took the 1dmk3 should be shot, then his body be dragged around by the water skiers!

u mean a MK3 is lost while a 20D was left there by someone ?

call the police and check for fingerprints on the 20D. haha

This is indeed PATHETIC.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by swordman View Post
    call the police and check for fingerprints on the 20D. haha
    so.. that chap who took that MK3 was kind enough to trade in his old 20D ??

Oh great, this is just GREAT.

Tell me.

The next time (given the loss of a 'not really cheap MkIII') I guess such events would be purely "by invitation" indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Oh great, this is just GREAT.

Tell me.

The next time (given the loss of a 'not really cheap MkIII') I guess such events would be purely "by invitation" indoors.
    and then, how are we going to experience the power of super teles, even if we could get ourselves in?

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    so.. that chap who took that MK3 was kind enough to trade in his old 20D ??
    It's less suspicious this way... the number of lenses and cameras remain the same, so it will take the Canon assistant a while to notice that something is amiss. This will give the thief enough time to get away.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    It's less suspicious this way... the number of lenses and cameras remain the same, so it will take the Canon assistant a while to notice that something is amiss. This will give the thief enough time to get away.
    wah... he could cause the canon guy to lose his ricebowl.

horrible guy !

but if that it's really that person who swapped the camera, i think he would be caught easily, if he had ever registered his warranty (and/or repaired/serviced his camera before), since canon would probably have at least this *******'s number!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    but if that it's really that person who swapped the camera, i think he would be caught easily, if he had ever registered his warranty (and/or repaired/serviced his camera before), since canon would probably have at least this *******'s number!
    He could have bought the camera from someone in the buy/sell section? One of us may very well be getting a call soon.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    He could have bought the camera from someone in the buy/sell section? One of us may very well be getting a call soon.
    are they CCTVs installed at the event ?? if not, then hard liao.. and those people who sold off 20d in marketplace could be made a scapegoat ?

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    are they CCTVs installed at the event ?? if not, then hard liao.. and those people who sold off 20d in marketplace could be made a scapegoat ?
    no there wasnt any CCTV.

anyway, that seller who sold this ******* that 20D would almost probably have his number or at least contacted this ******* before. if trying hard enough, the thief confirm will be caught!

this is the second i heard the other one at the sentosa event same thing happen, these ppl have plan to do this so daring, something got to do about it.
    Last edited by harrynkl; 18th June 2007 at 11:21 AM.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Wah piangs... so cheapskate one.. Pray he press a while bad luck pour on him.. shutter drop.. no more MKIII (cannot repair due to machine code plus lost of 20D) Idiot!

bloody fellow... now see if other manufactures will hav such events anymore

one thing for sure he cant sent MK3 for repair serial no. blacklisted
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

From the description, it sounds like more than 1 person was involved, ie. the person who asked to swap the camera wasn't the one who asked to play with the Mk3. Could be an organised gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    and then, how are we going to experience the power of super teles, even if we could get ourselves in?
    Probably they wun be as generous anymore I guess.

Ie, NO MORE SWAPPING OF CAMERAS TO LENS.

They might allow u to swap CFs though. I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast