Thread: sweet and sour pork

Default sweet and sour pork

I cooked sweet & sour pork, ku low yok, this afternoon and wanted to blog about it. This is actually my 2nd attempt. The photos were not well taken in the 1st attempt. The meat was not "red" enough thus not tempting enough. I personally don't really like this shot but this is the best among all. I don't like my composition and I think it could be better. I would love to hear any feedback on this shot. What more I can do to improve it? Thanks in advance.

my blog add: www.wenwenzz.blogspot.com

Default Re: sweet and sour pork

The photo is a bit soft, and the highlights are blown. And are those fake flowers behind?

Quote Originally Posted by lostnfound_wenwen View Post
    I cooked sweet & sour pork, ku low yok, this afternoon and wanted to blog about it. This is actually my 2nd attempt. The photos were not well taken in the 1st attempt. The meat was not "red" enough thus not tempting enough. I personally don't really like this shot but this is the best among all. I don't like my composition and I think it could be better. I would love to hear any feedback on this shot. What more I can do to improve it? Thanks in advance.

my blog add: www.wenwenzz.blogspot.com

Ummm fake flowers shouldn't be there

Yup, the pork is out of focus. If you're using a PnS, i would think that you were too close. Maybe a back a little to allow the camera to focus.

Oh, and another thing, for the blown out highlights, i would think the metering is done on the dark pork so next time try using evaluative metering or meter using a "middle" colour. Haha.. maybe someone else can explain better..

ur pork comes across as mushy, and the sauce looks like starch - which is it in part I suppose - but in all not entirely appetising. In part it is due to the lack of focus. The red, green peppers and pineapple are a nice touch. Maybe 50% of the way there?

Hi all, thanks for your comment. Ya, I'm using a PnS camera. I think maybe I can take this shot with a bowl of white rice instead of fake flower.

jsut leave out the flowers.
    ur forcus is on the food.

No fake plastic flowers. Take the shot while hot with a little steam will be beter (can just spray some water and microwave it to get the effect). As for the 'red' colour, you can do a little post-processing.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMocha View Post
    No fake plastic flowers. Take the shot while hot with a little steam will be beter (can just spray some water and microwave it to get the effect). As for the 'red' colour, you can do a little post-processing.
    I agree with ice mocha...the flowers is distracting from your subject...it is totally unnecessary. I took at look at flickr photos... http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=swee...r%20pork&w=all

i think what you lack in the picture is to show how sticky or shiny (mor light) the sauce is you want to make readers feel that they will need a drink to wash down the stickiness down the throat :P