Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: NS mag photographer

  1. #1

    Default NS mag photographer

    Any one working with the NS mag? would really like to serve my NS as their photographer. Showed them my portfolio.. now waiting for the post!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    hi, i been before my battalion photographer... was fun... at times... haha... but got free access to anything...

    cheers... n have fun...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  3. #3

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    my cousin worked for the NS magazine for his NSF. if you are PES E, you may have a chance.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    my cousin worked for the NS magazine for his NSF. if you are PES E, you may have a chance.
    agree... as i got contact before with some of the Magazine guys, jus some hi n bye, they said that if u pes E sure can... but u must also like it in the 1st place...

    I PES B but was ask to help out fun...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  5. #5

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    pes b/a no chance in hell.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Central Singapore (Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    643

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    pes b/a no chance in hell.
    yeah yeah...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    1,454

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by dts_spawn View Post
    Any one working with the NS mag? would really like to serve my NS as their photographer. Showed them my portfolio.. now waiting for the post!
    really not that easy at all. their shots are just event coverage. well i would do it if i can as well but i'm covering only major and important events as my battalion photographer.

  8. #8

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Pioneer?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  9. #9

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    really not that easy at all. their shots are just event coverage. well i would do it if i can as well but i'm covering only major and important events as my battalion photographer.
    I'm pes C. They can't just take anyone in pes E right? Really hope i get it man. Much better than being a storeman. What's the average day like?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    bo pian lor. no contacts den you sit there wait long long lor.

    everyone also want to be a clerk want to be office boy. so who be soldier, go training to be soldier ?

    come on.... storeman isnt bad afterall la.

  11. #11

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    come on.... storeman isnt bad afterall la.
    yahlor, if get postd to the exciting stagmont camp or get some friendly forces help you keep stock while you sleep on the job... hehe.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  12. #12
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    how do you be your battalion/unit photographer? who do you ask?
    eat. drink. shoot

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    how do you be your battalion/unit photographer? who do you ask?
    You don't ask, you get arrows shot at you.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  14. #14

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    how do you be your battalion/unit photographer? who do you ask?
    email your mp.


    or if you are lucky enough, pull some strings.


    or if you are mad enough, do some permenant damage to your body to get downgraded.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    email your mp.


    or if you are lucky enough, pull some strings.


    or if you are mad enough, do some permenant damage to your body to get downgraded.
    liddat not worth it la. wont get any medals for such "sacrifice" wan....

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    560

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    You don't ask, you get arrows shot at you.
    aiyah.... volunteer to do any of their staff's wedding for free lor...

    and when they see u got "pro gear" sure they come finding you one la...


  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    pes b/a no chance in hell.
    Mr PRO... you still pes A ah? dont garang la!! forget sispec and ocs!! downgrade and be a pioneer photgrapher! show them your portfolio !! they sure tio owned.. haha

    If you take photos for pioneer I sure read the magazine instead of chucking it one side..

  18. #18

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    I used to be a PIONEER Magazine photographer... from 1996 to 1999(if I remember correctly) One of those dream vocations I guess... A couple of guys were from PIONEER as well... Ken Seet, Amos Wong(Russel Wong's asst, and if I'm not wrong, KF Seetoh(Makansutra)...

    Thing is the criteria is that you've got to make the Pes E first... Without that, no matter how good, I'm afraid PIONEER doesn't want you. I think they rather keep the fit ones for combat, and train an average unfit guy to be a photographer... PIONEER Magazine belongs to MINDEF Public Affairs... but should you want to check out your chances, you can call the magazine itself and look for Angelina Low who's the Managing Editor of the famed magazine...

    My Chief Photographer was Lum Ngia.... and never change since till now... Really strict and hard guy(used to be from Armour)... but he teaches... just that sometimes he gets into a CSM mood....Kekekeke....

    That's not the only place where photographers are sighted in the army... but it's the best place to be, because it's the place equipped with all the equipment you can think of... Other dept that has photographers on board are Army News, Navy News, Air Force news, National Heritage Branch, SAF film unit, Special Investigation Branch, Military Security Dept(I think), Provost, FMLB(Foreign Military Liason Branch).... etc etc etc... and some I can't name due to security purposes...

    PBS
    Last edited by pointblankshots; 19th June 2007 at 11:57 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by pointblankshots View Post
    I used to be a PIONEER Magazine photographer... from 1996 to 1999(if I remember correctly) One of those dream vocations I guess... A couple of guys were from PIONEER as well... Ken Seet, Amos Wong(Russel Wong's asst, and if I'm not wrong, KF Seetoh(Makansutra)...

    Thing is the criteria is that you've got to make the Pes E first... Without that, no matter how good, I'm afraid PIONEER doesn't want you. I think they rather keep the fit ones for combat, and train an average unfit guy to be a photographer... PIONEER Magazine belongs to MINDEF Public Affairs... but should you want to check out your chances, you can call the magazine itself and look for Angelina Low who's the Managing Editor of the famed magazine...

    My Chief Photographer was Lum Ngia.... and never change since till now... Really strict and hard guy(used to be from Armour)... but he teaches... just that sometimes he gets into a CSM mood....Kekekeke....

    That's not the only place where photographers are sighted in the army... but it's the best place to be, because it's the place equipped with all the equipment you can think of... Other dept that has photographers on board are Army News, Navy News, Air Force news, National Heritage Branch, SAF film unit, Special Investigation Branch, Military Security Dept(I think), Provost, FMLB(Foreign Military Liason Branch).... etc etc etc... and some I can't name due to security purposes...

    PBS
    wah u share so much....

  20. #20

    Default Re: NS mag photographer

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    wah u share so much....
    i think so too. Bit too much info for comfort. Haha

    k.seet wasn't a photographer there, by the way. And they didn't have "all the best" stuff, before '96, they were using primarily F90x and F3HPs outfitted with motordrives, shooting mainly on Provia 100s and 400s.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •