Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NS mag photographer

Default NS mag photographer

Any one working with the NS mag? would really like to serve my NS as their photographer. Showed them my portfolio.. now waiting for the post!

Default Re: NS mag photographer

hi, i been before my battalion photographer... was fun... at times... haha... but got free access to anything...

cheers... n have fun...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

my cousin worked for the NS magazine for his NSF. if you are PES E, you may have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    my cousin worked for the NS magazine for his NSF. if you are PES E, you may have a chance.
    agree... as i got contact before with some of the Magazine guys, jus some hi n bye, they said that if u pes E sure can... but u must also like it in the 1st place...

I PES B but was ask to help out fun...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

pes b/a no chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    yeah yeah...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by dts_spawn View Post
    Any one working with the NS mag? would really like to serve my NS as their photographer. Showed them my portfolio.. now waiting for the post!
    really not that easy at all. their shots are just event coverage. well i would do it if i can as well but i'm covering only major and important events as my battalion photographer.

Pioneer?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    really not that easy at all. their shots are just event coverage. well i would do it if i can as well but i'm covering only major and important events as my battalion photographer.
    I'm pes C. They can't just take anyone in pes E right? Really hope i get it man. Much better than being a storeman. What's the average day like?

bo pian lor. no contacts den you sit there wait long long lor.

everyone also want to be a clerk want to be office boy. so who be soldier, go training to be soldier ?

come on.... storeman isnt bad afterall la.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    come on.... storeman isnt bad afterall la.
    yahlor, if get postd to the exciting stagmont camp or get some friendly forces help you keep stock while you sleep on the job... hehe.
    One-North Explorers

how do you be your battalion/unit photographer? who do you ask?
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    You don't ask, you get arrows shot at you.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    email your mp.

or if you are lucky enough, pull some strings.

or if you are mad enough, do some permenant damage to your body to get downgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    email your mp.

or if you are lucky enough, pull some strings.

or if you are mad enough, do some permenant damage to your body to get downgraded.
    liddat not worth it la. wont get any medals for such "sacrifice" wan....

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    You don't ask, you get arrows shot at you.
    aiyah.... volunteer to do any of their staff's wedding for free lor...

and when they see u got "pro gear" sure they come finding you one la...

Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    Mr PRO... you still pes A ah? dont garang la!! forget sispec and ocs!! downgrade and be a pioneer photgrapher! show them your portfolio !! they sure tio owned.. haha

If you take photos for pioneer I sure read the magazine instead of chucking it one side..

I used to be a PIONEER Magazine photographer... from 1996 to 1999(if I remember correctly) One of those dream vocations I guess... A couple of guys were from PIONEER as well... Ken Seet, Amos Wong(Russel Wong's asst, and if I'm not wrong, KF Seetoh(Makansutra)...

Thing is the criteria is that you've got to make the Pes E first... Without that, no matter how good, I'm afraid PIONEER doesn't want you. I think they rather keep the fit ones for combat, and train an average unfit guy to be a photographer... PIONEER Magazine belongs to MINDEF Public Affairs... but should you want to check out your chances, you can call the magazine itself and look for Angelina Low who's the Managing Editor of the famed magazine...

My Chief Photographer was Lum Ngia.... and never change since till now... Really strict and hard guy(used to be from Armour)... but he teaches... just that sometimes he gets into a CSM mood....Kekekeke....

That's not the only place where photographers are sighted in the army... but it's the best place to be, because it's the place equipped with all the equipment you can think of... Other dept that has photographers on board are Army News, Navy News, Air Force news, National Heritage Branch, SAF film unit, Special Investigation Branch, Military Security Dept(I think), Provost, FMLB(Foreign Military Liason Branch).... etc etc etc... and some I can't name due to security purposes...

PBS
    Last edited by pointblankshots; 19th June 2007 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblankshots View Post
    I used to be a PIONEER Magazine photographer... from 1996 to 1999(if I remember correctly) One of those dream vocations I guess... A couple of guys were from PIONEER as well... Ken Seet, Amos Wong(Russel Wong's asst, and if I'm not wrong, KF Seetoh(Makansutra)...

Thing is the criteria is that you've got to make the Pes E first... Without that, no matter how good, I'm afraid PIONEER doesn't want you. I think they rather keep the fit ones for combat, and train an average unfit guy to be a photographer... PIONEER Magazine belongs to MINDEF Public Affairs... but should you want to check out your chances, you can call the magazine itself and look for Angelina Low who's the Managing Editor of the famed magazine...

My Chief Photographer was Lum Ngia.... and never change since till now... Really strict and hard guy(used to be from Armour)... but he teaches... just that sometimes he gets into a CSM mood....Kekekeke....

That's not the only place where photographers are sighted in the army... but it's the best place to be, because it's the place equipped with all the equipment you can think of... Other dept that has photographers on board are Army News, Navy News, Air Force news, National Heritage Branch, SAF film unit, Special Investigation Branch, Military Security Dept(I think), Provost, FMLB(Foreign Military Liason Branch).... etc etc etc... and some I can't name due to security purposes...

PBS
    wah u share so much....

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    wah u share so much....
    i think so too. Bit too much info for comfort. Haha

k.seet wasn't a photographer there, by the way. And they didn't have "all the best" stuff, before '96, they were using primarily F90x and F3HPs outfitted with motordrives, shooting mainly on Provia 100s and 400s.
    One-North Explorers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast