Thread: 400d flash

Default 400d flash

does the 400d support triggering the flash on studio powerpacks through flash cable? or only through hotshoe IR?

Default Re: 400d flash

You need a hotshoe-PC converter. Cheap though.

hotshoe to pc? may i know what is that and how much would it cost? can a canon flash like the 580ex , 430ex or even a 420ex trigger the studio lights with the IR built inside it?

Quote Originally Posted by lordpain View Post
    hotshoe to pc? may i know what is that and how much would it cost? can a canon flash like the 580ex , 430ex or even a 420ex trigger the studio lights with the IR built inside it?
    You were asking about wired trigger. 400D doesn't have a PC port to connect to studio strobes. A convertor is simply a small brick that attaches to the hotshoe and provide a PC port.

EX flashes generally cannot trigger studio flashes by IR. Shooting in manual flash mode, you can trigger studio strobes as optical slaves.

alright thanks. i think i get it. any idea how much it costs and where to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by lordpain View Post
    alright thanks. i think i get it. any idea how much it costs and where to get it?
    You can check out the usually shops - Cathay, Alan, etc... I think someone on CS named PQ23 may carry this too.