View Poll Results: Do you think there will be a WW III?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, probably in my life time.

74 53.62%
  • Yes, but unlikely in my life time.

39 28.26%
  • No.

25 18.12%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there will be a WW III?

Default Re: Do you think there will be a WW III?

It's being engineered, the rich want the war, the powerful want the war, the media want the war, how can there not be a war?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    No SE - expect people to be more aware of their impact and do what they can such as shut down PCs, lights and any other equipment (except the fax machine! ) when they leave the work place, use power saving devices such as Windows hibernation mode when PC is not used for a certain length of time. Companies to buy into technologies that reduce the demand for oil. It is out there and affordable.

Buses to be transformed to bio diesel that is produced anaerobically from our waste; the government to provide incentives for green cars (although s/one else said in another thread govt don't wanna upset oil companies - why? SG has a fantastic stable infrastructure); the govt to look more seriously at alternative energies. It's only now in 2007 that the govt announced if you have photovoltaic panels and make surplus energy, the national grid will buy this off you. (I am happy about this!).

The war on terror is a good smoke screen for some countries. Terrorism has been around for years although was only globally acknowledged after 9/11.

War for the black gold! We, the consumers who provide the market demand can force the corporates behind the super powers to change by changing the way we buy. The technology to reduce oil dependencies has been around for over 10 years but fossil fuels has been pushed as the supremo.

P.S. China's not worried cause it has huge coal reserves that can be converted into fuel for vehicles.
    I agree
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
    No SE - expect people to be more aware of their impact and do what they can such as shut down PCs, lights and any other equipment (except the fax machine! ) when they leave the work place, use power saving devices such as Windows hibernation mode when PC is not used for a certain length of time. Companies to buy into technologies that reduce the demand for oil. It is out there and affordable.

Buses to be transformed to bio diesel that is produced anaerobically from our waste; the government to provide incentives for green cars (although s/one else said in another thread govt don't wanna upset oil companies - why? SG has a fantastic stable infrastructure); the govt to look more seriously at alternative energies. It's only now in 2007 that the govt announced if you have photovoltaic panels and make surplus energy, the national grid will buy this off you. (I am happy about this!).

The war on terror is a good smoke screen for some countries. Terrorism has been around for years although was only globally acknowledged after 9/11.

War for the black gold! We, the consumers who provide the market demand can force the corporates behind the super powers to change by changing the way we buy. The technology to reduce oil dependencies has been around for over 10 years but fossil fuels has been pushed as the supremo.

P.S. China's not worried cause it has huge coal reserves that can be converted into fuel for vehicles.
    i wish there's a machine tt dispense small change for a certain amount of items we recycle le. i do paly my small part in cutting down water consumption (can use to mop floor or flush WC) by collecting condensed water from aircon & using nitelight in certain places at home.

next time got 1D AK MkIV, pro assault camera !! haha

flash can be used as trip flair

lock & load
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Of course.
    It is in the future.
    Iran or "Dear Leader's" country most likely to start it.
    No. Very unlikely only regional war.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    Pablo: and call it what? Inter-Planetary War I ?

I think it happened already....

Stars War...

and it has ended...... Dark Side was destroyed....

Ok, back to topic.... Who are the enemies?? No alien life force....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 24th August 2007 at 09:24 PM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    Fight what? Like you say Acting forces, act here a bit there a bit.
    How about Parade Force???

Parade once a year???? On 9/8...

Quote Originally Posted by spongezz View Post
    My take.. there are no winners in war, whoever whom thought they have lost or won... eventually paid for the price, in terms of $$, environment and most importantly people. War is not a number game, it is about real people's lives being affected.

I support World peace.
    World peace is best... but not possible with the developmenet around the world....

Oppression, religious extremist, etc..... It just take a small regional war and it can develop into bigger war....

If you believe the bible.... these are signs....

Weather change (Flooding, earthquake)
    Virus (bird flu, malaria.... etc...)

and it will all unfold one by one... what time do we have?? How long?? I do not know... but I sincerely believe that I will be caught in it... so just cherish whatever you have now.... and enjoy your shooting....

Possible endgame war given the following scenario -

Missing Russian nuke warheads end up with some terrorist outfit who are still trying to modify & design a delivery system. There are kilos of uranium & plutonium that have been unaccounted for since the collapse of the Soviet Union. There are also websites that provide design & blueprints for making a nuclear bomb.

Russia under Putin's leadership is heading back towards some kind of communism & is confronting USA & giving support to Iran & some other rogue nations.

Syria & Iran are sponsoring the Hizbollah with the Iranian president trying to instigate Syria to start a war with Israel

Rise of ultra-religious extremism which is deadlier than the "Red" terrorists of the 1980s.

Anything can happen between the next few minutes & the next decade.
    hasta la justicia siempre

I am not in the least bit concerned about whether there will be a WWIII.

Our most immediate concern should be this:

"The world is teetering on the edge of a pandemic that could kill a large fraction of the human population", Robert G. Webster, Elizabeth Jane Walker, American Scientist

Link: http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~soma/biosec/readings/influenza/influenza.html

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. Webster
    Within 10 months the influenza virus affected the lives of up to 500 million people across the globe and killed at least 20 to 40 million—more than twice the number who died on the battlefields of World War I. Many epidemiologists believe that a similar scenario will happen again. But this time it will be worse.
    The 1918 Influenza Pandemic:

Link: http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/index.html

Source: Stanford University
    Last edited by sgvideoman; 25th August 2007 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    Our most immediate concern should be this:

"The world is teetering on the edge of a pandemic that could kill a large fraction of the human population"
    The terrorists have mastered biological warfare?

Quote Originally Posted by cmeptb72 View Post
    Possible endgame war given the following scenario -

Missing Russian nuke warheads end up with some terrorist outfit who are still trying to modify & design a delivery system. There are kilos of uranium & plutonium that have been unaccounted for since the collapse of the Soviet Union. There are also websites that provide design & blueprints for making a nuclear bomb.

Russia under Putin's leadership is heading back towards some kind of communism & is confronting USA & giving support to Iran & some other rogue nations.

Syria & Iran are sponsoring the Hizbollah with the Iranian president trying to instigate Syria to start a war with Israel

Rise of ultra-religious extremism which is deadlier than the "Red" terrorists of the 1980s.

Anything can happen between the next few minutes & the next decade.
    Before that the war between the marketing departments of Nikon and Canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Before that the war between the marketing departments of Nikon and Canon.
    Haha,

following the revenge of the sith, the jedi will return...
    hasta la justicia siempre

hope so..by the time, can run up up up to other countries, no need passport liao..

Why worry so much over it? Enjoy life to its fullest. Even if there is going to be WW III, u wouldn't regret it so much when it comes

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    very soon. if china keeps buying more weapons.

north korea, if the great leader keep playing with fire.
    if will only happen if USA still keep on force other countries to listen to them.
    china need to protect their country, their land & their ppl.
    USA is bossy.
    Personally I support those countries that protect their own country properties even if they need to declare war
    Countries/People who don't wish to protect themself got no pride
    just my 2 cents
    Last edited by juste_millieu; 4th September 2007 at 08:53 PM.

The war between human and the changing climate , the rich will be safe while the poor who die.
    The economic war , one try to use economic power to control the others
    .In fact, i don't think there will be any real world war since nowaday all is in a right mind to not wage war, it bring no good to them. There may be small scale war, that's all.

Humankind have much more problem that they have to face now , the biggest enemy is what they have done in the past that lead to what waiting for them in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bahibo View Post
    The war between human and the changing climate , the rich will be safe while the poor who die.
    The economic war , one try to use economic power to control the others
    .In fact, i don't think there will be any real world war since nowaday all is in a right mind to not wage war, it bring no good to them. There may be small scale war, that's all.

Humankind have much more problem that they have to face now , the biggest enemy is what they have done in the past that lead to what waiting for them in the future.
    agree, try playing Civ 3 and you realise that old fashion war is now quite useless.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast